If your residence, business, government, or church is located in an address that is served and maintained by West Virginia American’s Kanawha Valley Water Treatment Plant on Jan. 9, 2014, you may be eligible for a potential award from the West Virginia Water Contamination Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Freedom Industries tank farm experienced a chemical leak. The leak resulted in 200,000 residential and business water users to be affected. American Water and Eastman deny any wrongdoing but have agreed to settle the Class Action Lawsuit in order to avoid the burden and expense of ongoing litigation. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form by either February 21, 2018 based on your eligibility!
West Virginia Water Contamination CAL:
- West Virginia Water Contamination Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 02/21/2018
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who, was a resident of a house, condo, or apartment, business or government entity, and/or wage earners who use a tap water service operated by West Virginia American’s Kanawha Valley Water Treatment Plant on Jan. 9, 2014.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: None Listed
- Case Name & Number: Crystal Good v. West Virginia-American Water Company, Case No. 2:14-cv-01374, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the West Virginia Water Contamination Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form by either February 21, 2018 to receive your potential award!
Those who had their tap water contaminated or shut down due to a chemical leak may be eligible for a potential award from the West Virginia Water Contamination Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, a chemical leak from Freedom Industries caused a hazard and inconvenienced those affected by the leak. If you were affected by the chemical leak simply file a claim for a potential award by either February 21, 2018 based on your eligibility! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!