Thyssenkrupp Materials agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims it failed to protect consumer information in a 2020 data breach.
Plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit accused Thyssenkrupp of failing to protect their information in a 2020 data breach. According to consumers, the data breach could have been prevented through reasonable cybersecurity measures.
In late 2020, Thyssenkrupp was the victim of a ransomware cyberattack which compromised the information of current and former employees. Sensitive data such as Social Security numbers and bank account information was reportedly accessed in the attack.
Thyssenkrupp hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to pay an undisclosed sum to resolve these allegations.
Thyssenkrupp Materials Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- People who received a notice of data breach from thyssenkrupp Materials in January 2021 or May 2021.
- Estimated Amount:
- $200 for ordinary losses, $150 for lost time and/or $8,000 for extraordinary losses.
- Proof of Purchase: Documentation for out of pocket losses or lost time.
- Claim Form Deadline: 03/08/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Crawford, et al. v. thyssenkrup Materials NA, et al., Case No. 2122-CC00411, in the Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis for the State of Missouri
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply