If you are like me, and want to get the highest possible interest rate on your money in a savngs account, check out my list of top 5 banks.
- Everbank YieldPledge MM – 4.65% APY 3-Month promo rate, then down to 3.82% APY afterwards. Great bank with top notch customer services. Checking account has high interest rate too. The rate is good for up to $50K. $1500 balance requirement for each month.
- Dollar Savings Direct – 4.00% APY with only $1K deposit requirement.
- CNB Bank Direct – 4.00% APY rate guaranteed for at least 6 months. Only $1 to open.
- Capital One Cotco Savings – 3.75% APY with $60 bonus for Executive member. Great for local bank, however must have $10K Deposit. If you are not a Costco member, there is a 3.55% APY with $50 bonus for $25K deposit.
- Citibank Ultimate Savings – 3.5% APY with $25 bonus. Not the best rate, but high especially if you want a local brich and mortar bank. Similar local bank is Wachovia 3.50% APY.