Everyone is always in need of extra money, from being a few dollars short from a new laptop to being behind in your bills, every little bit of extra cash is always welcome. Check out 10 ways to earn extra cash on the side simply by selling your unwanted electronics, furniture to clothes. These days you can even sell your spare time, such as driving for Lyft, or running errands to grab food or dry cleaning. These are all made simple by new apps or websites that set everything up for you, all you have to do is just sign up and apply and be on your way to making more cash.
The United ClubSM Infinite Card offers 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
• 4X miles per $1 spent on United purchases including tickets, Economy Plus, inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi, and other United charges.
• 2X miles per $1 spent on all other travel
• 2X miles per $1 spent on dining at restaurants and eligible delivery services
• 1X mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
Plus, you'll get 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights when you pay with your Club Card.
This card does carry an annual fee of $525. However, you can get up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck Fee Credit. In addition, you'll get a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip (terms apply) by getting your first and second checked bags for free!
10 Ways to Earn Extra Cash:
1. Create Crafts: If you know how to knit, crochet, make soaps or any miscellaneous skills, then use those to make some money off Etsy! Etsy is a great place to sell your handcrafted items such as a scarf you knitted, bath bombs to even paintings. Simply create an account, post your photos and list your information. You’ll have your own small business in no time!
2. Poshmark and Mercari: If you have any old clothes, accessories or shoes lying around in your closet or dresser that you don’t wear anymore, then sell it on Poshmark or Mercari. Depending on what you sell or how much you sell, these small amounts you earn can add up. You can even buy gently used items from other users with the money you make. Simply snap some pictures, post your items and make some extra money!
3. Babysit or Dog-sit: Check if any friends, family or neighbors are in need of a babysitter or a nanny. Or if you’re more conformable with taking care of pets become a pet-sitter or dog walker, take care of adorable dogs and puppies and earn some extra cash. If you have no family or friends who are in need of those services, distribute some flyers around your neighborhood.
4. eBay or Craigslist: Get rid of that ugly T.V. stand or dresser you don’t like anymore and sell it on eBay or Craigslist. Simply list your unwanted item and wait for the offers to roll it. Make some extra cash by getting rid of junk you don’t use anymore, remember that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
5. Uber or Lyft: If you have free time, then become a driver for Uber or Lyft! You can drive whenever it’s convenient for you and hours are whatever you decide. You can even make up to $35 an hour just by driving your car for Lyft.
- If you want to use Uber, get $5 off your first ride.
- If you want to use Lyft, get $15 in Lyft Credits toward your first ride.
6. Postmates: Postmates says you can make up to $25 an hour as a food delivery person. Just make sure to check if it’s available in your area. All you have to do is pick up your food from a restaurant where it was ordered and deliver it to the customer. This is an easy way to make some extra cash just by driving your car.
- Sign up for Postmates to get Free Delivery Credits.
7. AirBNB: If you’re comfortable with letting strangers stay in your house or renting out a room for a short amount of time then check out AirBNB. List your house or your room to travelers to earn some extra money.
8. Raise.com: We all have been gifted gift cards to places we simply do not go, so why not make money off of those? At Raise.com you can sell your unwanted gift cards for cash and can even buy discounted gift cards. If you’re not planning on using that McDonald’s or Taco Bell Gift Card then make sure to check out Raise.com and sell it for cash!
- Sign up for Raise.com and earn a $5 bonus with promo code anguyen21
9. Tutoring: If you got an A in Calculus or English, then offer your skills to others and tutor. Offer and advertise your skills and ability to tutor other who are struggling in the subject you excelled at and make some cash.
10. Get an online side job: Check out our list of many sites you can sign up for to make extra money online. It’s frequently updated with new sites and our review over those sites, so check back when you get a chance.
Just by taking advantage of one of these options online, you can start earning some extra money today! Some of these methods, such as driving for Lyft or Uber will give you a more steady income rather then selling on eBay or Craigslist, but again, it depends on your own effort you’re willing to put in. Earning money, no matter how much is always welcome, so check out some ways to earn cash said above. Share your experience. Don’t forget to see our masterlist on some ways to Save Money!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get up to $600 when you open a Premier checking account. You'll enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $600, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $100 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review|