Retirement should be a relaxing moment in your life if you plan on retiring soon. But if you have signed up for Trojan Horse Retirement from Jan. 1, 2011 through Sept. 20, 2016, and fear for your loved ones, then you may be eligible for a potential award from the Trojan Horse Retirement Plan Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the lawsuit, The Trojan Horse retirement plan was administered by defendant Ascensus Trust Company, which made contributions to the plan through payroll deductions, but that Ascensus failed to deposit those contributions with the plan. By by failing to properly deposit those contributions, Ascensus violated terms of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, or ERISA.
Trojan Horse Retirement denies the allegations but decided to settle the matter to mitigate ongoing litigation expenses. Ascensus agreed to create a fund that will be used to pay Class Members a large portion of the funds they had deducted from their pay but that were never deposited with the Trojan Horse plan. So if you are eligible, file a claim when you can because there is no deadline!
|HSBC Advance checking account: Get up to $240 when you open an Advance checking account. You'll receive 3% Cash Bonus, up to $240, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $40 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Advance checking account: Earn $200 Bonus with a new HSBC Advance checking account with qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $500 to your HSBC Advance checking account(s) for 3 consecutive calendar months. Member FDIC Terms|
|Chase SavingsSM: Earn $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. You can link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection. Apply Now---Chase Savings Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Promotions|
Trojan Horse Retirement Plan CAL:
- Trojan Horse Retirement Plan Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: none
- Who’s Eligible: The settlement Class covers all Trojan Horse Ltd. 401(k) plan participants who contributed to the plan through payroll deduction from Jan. 1, 2011 through Sept. 20, 2016. Persons who aren’t sure whether they qualify as a Class Member are invited to contact the settlement administrator to confirm.
- Estimated Amount: varies. Each Class Member’s share of the settlement fund will be about 85 percent of the amount of money that was deducted from their pay for plan contributions but not deposited in the plan on the Class Member’s behalf.
- Proof of Purchase: No proof of purchase or other documentation needs to be submitted. Each Class Member’s entitlement will be determined according to their payroll records.
- Case Name & Number: Longo, et al. v. Trojan Horse Ltd., et al., Case No. 5:13-cv-00418-BO, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
How To File a Claim:
- Head over to the Trojan Horse Retirement Plan Claim Form
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim ASAP to receive your potential award!
If you have signed up for a 401(k) plan, you might want to re-check your information. Recently, Trojan Horse Retirement has committed a crime so you may be eligible for a potential award from the Trojan Horse Retirement Plan Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Trojan Horse partnered with Ascensus Trust Company, which made contributions to the plan through payroll deductions, but that Ascensus failed to deposit those contributions with the plan.They violated the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, or ERISA. So if you are eligible, file a claim when you can, since there is no deadline, to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
See our most popular Bank Promotions to earn high cash bonuses!
- Huntington 5 Checking Promotion: $200 Bonus
- Discover Savings Account Bonus: $200 or $150 Bonus
- HSBC Bank Advance Checking Promotion: $350 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking Promotion: $750 Bonus
- Chase Premier Plus Checking Review: $300 Bonus Coupon
- Chase Bank Total Checking Review: $200 Bonus Promotion
- Chase Savings Promotion: $150 Bonus
- Chase College Checking Review: $100 Bonus Coupon Promotion
- Chase Coupons $200, $300, $350, $500 Bonus Promotions Checking & Savings Account
- TD Bank Premier Checking Promotion: $300 Bonus
- TD Bank Convenience Checking Promotion: $150 Bonus
The Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card offers 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.