Retirement should be a relaxing moment in your life if you plan on retiring soon. But if you have signed up for Trojan Horse Retirement from Jan. 1, 2011 through Sept. 20, 2016, and fear for your loved ones, then you may be eligible for a potential award from the Trojan Horse Retirement Plan Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the lawsuit, The Trojan Horse retirement plan was administered by defendant Ascensus Trust Company, which made contributions to the plan through payroll deductions, but that Ascensus failed to deposit those contributions with the plan. By by failing to properly deposit those contributions, Ascensus violated terms of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, or ERISA.
Trojan Horse Retirement denies the allegations but decided to settle the matter to mitigate ongoing litigation expenses. Ascensus agreed to create a fund that will be used to pay Class Members a large portion of the funds they had deducted from their pay but that were never deposited with the Trojan Horse plan. So if you are eligible, file a claim when you can because there is no deadline!
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart AdvantageTM and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
Apply Now---Chase College Checking Review
Trojan Horse Retirement Plan CAL:
- Trojan Horse Retirement Plan Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: none
- Who’s Eligible: The settlement Class covers all Trojan Horse Ltd. 401(k) plan participants who contributed to the plan through payroll deduction from Jan. 1, 2011 through Sept. 20, 2016. Persons who aren’t sure whether they qualify as a Class Member are invited to contact the settlement administrator to confirm.
- Estimated Amount: varies. Each Class Member’s share of the settlement fund will be about 85 percent of the amount of money that was deducted from their pay for plan contributions but not deposited in the plan on the Class Member’s behalf.
- Proof of Purchase: No proof of purchase or other documentation needs to be submitted. Each Class Member’s entitlement will be determined according to their payroll records.
- Case Name & Number: Longo, et al. v. Trojan Horse Ltd., et al., Case No. 5:13-cv-00418-BO, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
How To File a Claim
- Head over to the Trojan Horse Retirement Plan Claim Form
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim ASAP to receive your potential award!
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card offers 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.