To all smartphone users that downloaded Foodspotting, Foursquare, Gowalla, Instagram, Kik, Path, Yelp, and/or Twitter, if you are using certain versions of the apps with the “Find Friends” feature, you may be eligible for a potential award from the Twitter, Instagram, Yelp App Privacy Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, certain versions of the downloaded apps with users using the “Find Friends” feature had allegedly caused the apps to secretly upload and store personal identification through the address book. Those who argue the case claim that this misrepresents and violates their privacy rights on iDevices, as it allows their personal information to potentially get stolen. The app developers deny the allegations and maintains it has done nothing wrong but has agreed to settle the class action lawsuit in order to avoid the burden and expense of ongoing litigation. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form by November 10, 2017!
Twitter, Instagram, Yelp App Privacy CAL:
- Twitter, Instagram, Yelp App Privacy Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 11/10/2017
- Who’s Eligible: Those that downloaded apps of the following: Foodspotting, Foursquare, Gowalla, Instagram, Kik, Path, and Twitter of certain versions on the mobile iOS app store and had activated the “Find Friends” feature.
- Estimated Amount: To be decided, based on the amount of claims submitted and apps used by claimants
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Opperman, et al. v. Kong Technologies Inc., Case No. 13-cv-00453-JST, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Twitter, Instagram, Yelp App Privacy Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form by November 10, 2017 to receive your potential award!
If you chose to activate Twitter, Kik, Path, Instagram, Yelp, Foodspotting, Foursquare and/or Gowalla, you may be eligible for a potential award from the Twitter, Instagram, Yelp App Privacy Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, the app developers had allegedly caused their apps to secretly upload and store personal identification from users public and/or private address books with the assistance and cooperation from Apple. If you’re a smartphone user who has one of the following apps with the specific versions, and has activated the “Find Friends” feature, file a claim for a potential award by November 10, 2017! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
With the Blue Business CashTM Card from American Express, you'll earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1%. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
From workflow to inventory to floor plans, your business is constantly changing. That’s why you’ve got the power to spend beyond your credit limit with Expanded Buying Power§.Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us and other factors.
This card comes with no annual fee (See Rates & Fees).