UMass Memorial Health Center agreed to pay $1.2 million to resolve claims it failed to protect consumers from a data breach.
Plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit accuse UMass Memorial Health of failing to safeguard their sensitive data from a data breach in 2020 and 2021. The breach allegedly harmed nearly 3,000 Massachusetts residents when their names, driver’s license, financial accounts, Social Security numbers and other data was exposed.
The UMass Memorial Health data breach occurred between June 24, 2020, and Jan. 7, 2021. UMass informed consumers of the breach in October 2021.
UMass hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to a $1.2 million class action settlement to resolve these claims.
UMass Memorial Health Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Consumers whose personal information was compromised in the UMass data breach between June 24, 2020 and Jan. 7, 2021 and who received a notification regarding the data breach
- Estimated Amount:
- Up to $5,150 in expense reimbursement or a $40 cash payment.
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Documentation of data breach-related expenses
- Claim Form Deadline: 04/14/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Kesner, et al. v. UMass Memorial Health Care Inc., Case No. 2185-cv-01210, in the Massachusetts Superior Court for Worcester County
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply