For those just starting out or simply would like a high interest rate on your money, check out Union Plus 5.10% APY Savings Account on up to $5,000 deposit with direct deposit . The Union Plus Savings account can only be opened after getting the Union Plus prepaid debit card. You’ll also receive a $20 bonus when for enrolling in their direct deposit service(must complete two direct deposits totaling $50 within 90 days of account opening). There is a $2 monthly fee, but the 5.1% APY on $5,000 deposit is worth it. There is no credit check, no hard pull by getting a Union Plus Prepaid debit card. There is no cost to withdraw funds from your account for up to six times per month. Free to join and no need to submit any proof of union membership. Heck, you can always qualify for free membership for joining Working America.
How To Maximize Union Plus 5.1% APY Savings Promotion:
- Apply for the Union Plus prepaid debit card in order to open the 5.1% APY savings account
- Set up direct deposit requirement to earn the 5.1% APY for balance up to $5,000 + to earn the $20 bonus. I recommend tell your employer/HR department to split your check with $50 per month going to your Union Plus account.
- There is a $2 monthly fee that can be waived with direct deposit of $500 or more every month. At only $2 a month, you may decide to just keep the monthly transfers at $50 and pay the fee.
- Math: $5,000 x 5.10% APY – $2 monthly fee = $231 Profit per year
Union Plus Prepaid 5.10% APY + $20 Bonus Information:
- 5.10% APY Savings Account Sign up Offer
- $20 Direct Deposit Bonus Sign Up Offer
- Account Type: Savings Account, Union Plus prepaid debit card
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Hard Inquiry: Soft
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes($50 or more)
- Monthly Fee: Set up direct deposit of $500 or more to waive the $2 monthly fee.
- Additional Requirements: Must open the prepaid debit card first in order to get the 5.1% APY savings account.
- Closing Account Fee: None.
If you don’t set up direct deposit, your rate goes down to 2.0% APY. This Union Plus Prepaid debit card/5.1% Savings account is worth your time along with Mango 6.00% Savings. Adding up both Mango and Union Plus prepaid cards, a married couple can have $20k earning 5%+ FDIC insured($990 profit per year) which sure beats the highest savings account of 1%. We have a full list of bank rates across the United States.