Washington Federal is offering a free Amazon Kindle or Kindle Fire with their new checking account through May 31, 2012. To get the the Amazon Kindle ($79 value), a Simple or Performance Checking Account must be opened. For the more expensive Kindle Fire ($199), you must open a Stellar Checking account which have monthly fees($10K opening deposit & $1K balance to keep account free). Qualifying residents must live in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
Quick recap of the Washington Federal Bonus:
- Visit a Washington Federal branch to open a new consumer checking account between March 1, 2012, and May 31, 2012.
- Open a Simple or Performance Checking Account and receive a Kindle ($79 value).
- Open a Stellar Checking account and receive a Kindle Fire ($199 value).
- You must meet the minimum balance requirements to open.
- You must establish at least 1 recurring direct deposit of a payroll, pension, or Social Security payment.
- You must establish at least 2 automatic (ACH) transfers to third parties linked to the account.
- You must be a U.S. resident and at least 18 years of age.
Washington Federal will send you your Kindle once you meet the above requirements. Verification normally takes 2 to 4 weeks, and then an additional 2 to 4 weeks for shipping. You’ll be getting a 1099 for tax reporting purposes. There is a limit of 2 awards per household. Don’t wait much longer and sign up for this Washington Federal Free Kindle Promotion today!
Do you know what the restriction is on closing the account?
When you open an account you will get a referal letter in the mail. You can give that to a friend and get yourself a second Kindle.
Karunesh @ chase-a-dream.com says
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to it 🙂