For everyday checking, check out the Wells Fargo Teen Checking account for a low overdraft fee. Please note that your teen must be aged 13 to 17 with an adult co-owner and a $25 minimum opening deposit.
Enjoy convenient online banking, great brand and ATM Coverage, free money management tools and more. If you’re interested in an account with a low overdraft fee, read on!
• Enjoy $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment.
• No Monthly Service Fee for up to 5 years if you're a student between the ages of 17-24 at account opening with proof of student status.
• Students ages 18-24 with a Social Security Number can open an account online or at a Chase branch. Students with no Social Security number or who are 17-year-olds can only open an account at a branch.
• Keep track of your money in the Chase Mobile® app. The app helps you manage your money.
• Zelle® is available in more than 1,000 banking apps in the U.S. So you can send and receive money from almost anyone you know and trust who has a bank account in the U.S.
• Access to more than 15,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches.
• JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC
• Chase Overdraft AssistSM – no overdraft fee if you’re overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day or if you’re overdrawn by more than $50 and bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day*
*With Chase Overdraft AssistSM, we won’t charge an Overdraft Fee if you’re overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day OR if you’re overdrawn by more than $50 and you bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day (you have until 11 PM ET (8 PM PT) to make a deposit or transfer). Chase Overdraft Assist does not require enrollment and comes with eligible Chase checking accounts.
- Teens aged 13 to 17 with adult co-owner.
- *In Alabama, Teen Checking is available for those aged 13 to 18.
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- Convenient Online Banking: Manage your account 24/7 with online access. Features include monitoring your balance and activity, setting up alerts, viewing documents online and integrating personal finance software like Quicken.
- Wells Fargo Mobile: Pay bills, send money and check your balance on a smartphone or tablet using their app.
- Brand & ATM Coverage: Enjoy 13,000 Wells Fargo ATMs and 6,000 branches throughout the United States.
- Free Money Management Tools: Develop budgeting skills with My Money Map, Budget Watch, My Savings Plan and other tools.
- Monthly maintenance fee can be avoided with:
- Post 10 or more debit card purchases or payments, or
- Direct deposit totaling $500 or more, or
- Maintain a $1,500 balance, or
- Link account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card.
- Monthly Maintenance: $3, waived if you choose to receive statements online.
- Non-US Bank ATM (domestic): $2.50, per withdrawal, plus ATM operator fees.
- Non-US Bank ATM (international): $5, per withdrawal, plus ATM operator fees.
- NSF/Overdraft: $15, per paid or returned item, max 2 items per business day, waived for ATM and everyday debit card transactions, waived for transactions of $5 or less.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer: $12.50, per transfer from your linked saving account.
The Wells Fargo Teen Checking account offers no interest but its a great checking account for students with an low overdraft fee of just $15 per paid or returned item. Let your teen learn how to manage their money with free money management tools, easy online banking, great ATM coverage and more.
The Wells Fargo Teen Checking account is a easy first checking account learn how to build finances, save and more. Check out our other Best Student Checking Accounts, here on HMB!
|BMO Relationship Checking: Earn $600 cash bonus when you open a new Relationship Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 120 days. Learn More---BMO Relationship Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking: Earn up to $1,000 when you open a new U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking account and a Standard Savings account and complete qualifying activities. Subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through September 6, 2023. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB923 by 12/14/2023 along with a competitive interest rate of 4.30% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy up to $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Get more from a personalized relationship when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Learn More---Chase Private Client Review|