If you filed for a dependent for tax year 2017 in the State of Wisconsin, rejoice as you’ll be getting a rebate! There has been a state budget surplus of almost $400 million for the State of Wisconsin, and Governor Walker and the State Legislature have determined that some of the surplus should be returned to taxpayers in the form of a Child Sales Tax Rebate! This is a $100 rebate for sales and use tax paid on purchases made for raising a dependent child in 2017. File for your rebate starting today through July 2, 2018. Please note that a child may only be claimed by one individual. If you have a child and filed taxes in Wisconsin, then check out this tax rebate and get your refund!
Table of Contents
Wisconsin $100 Child Sales Tax Rebate:
- Learn More
- Rebate Promotion: $100 Child Sales Tax Rebate
- Expiration: July 2, 2018
- Availability: Wisconsin Only
- Terms & Conditions: Child must be: Under age 18 on December 31, 2017, A dependent* of the claimant for tax year 2017. A Wisconsin resident on December 31, 2017, and A United States citizen. Dependent is determined using guidance described in IRS Publication 501, regardless of whether the claimant files a 2017 federal income tax return.
Get $100 Child Sales Tax Rebate:
- Head to the State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue Page
- Click on the “Start Here” button
- Get started and provide your information needed
- Get a $100 rebate per child!
Raising a child is so expensive and since the State of Wisconsin has a budget surplus of $400 million, they are offering a $100 Child Sales Tax Rebate! Just head to their Department of Revenue page to check if your child is eligible and get started. You must submit your form by July 2, 2018 and provide the promotion accordingly. Don’t miss out on this rebate as it’s not too often you see these! For more ways to Save Money, check out our full list on HMB!