Here’s my method for 25+% discount when shopping at Home Depot or Lowe’s. This strategy can be employed with many other stores and can add up big saving to your yearly home expenses. Follow these steps by steps.
- Go to your local USPS and ask for a mover’s guide. Inside, you will find a 10% Lowe’s coupon. It wouldn’t matter because Home Depot would happily take the coupon as their own since Lowe’s is their main competitor. You might want to ask for a few packages so you will have more coupons.
To get another 15% off, buy gift cards at a huge discount on eBay.
- Sign up through this $5 bonus Mr. Rebates link(3% cash back).
- Sign up for Ebay Bucks Rewards for another 2%.
- Once you have a Mr. Rebates account, within your account, and at the search bar, type in “ebay” and go through the link. It will take you to eBay and you shop like you normally would.
- at Ebay, search for “home depot gift card” or “lowe’s gift card” and click on the “Buy It Now” tab, then select highest to lowest. You should see a few $500 gift cards for $460ish(just make sure the seller has good rating and has been around for awhile)
- Math: 3% cash back from Mr. Rebates + 2% ebay bucks from eBay + 1% from a cash back credit card + 5-10% savings = up to 16% total discount.
Go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and pay your goods using your gift card but make sure to whip out your 10% coupon from USPS. By using this method, you should be saving around 25% at EVERYTHING in Home Depot or Lowe’s.
Discuss this 25% discount shopping strategy in our Forums!
Chase Total Checking® + Chase Savings®: Earn a $150 bonus when you open a CHASE TOTAL CHECKING® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $100 bonus when you open a Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Learn More---Chase Review
Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM: Get $300 when you open a new CHASE PREMIER PLUS CHECKINGSM account and set up direct deposit. Access 15,500 Chase ATMs and 5,300 branches. Earns interest. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions. Apply Now---Chase Review