Kroger (store locator) is one of the largest grocery chain stores that first opened in Ohio. Chances are you probably have one near you. When shopping for necessities like groceries, these expenses add up quickly. Here are 6 Ways to Save Money at Kroger, by using the Plus Card, Gift Cards & Fuel Rewards. My favorite part of Kroger is their fuel points program, you get discounted gas while earning points for shopping at their supermarket.
|American Express Gift Card: Make gift shopping easy this year. Amex gift cards have no monthly fees, no inactivity fees, and the funds don’t expire. Get 100% off Shipping Fees with promo code FREESHP17A valid until June 30, 2017. Apply Code Here!--Review|
American Express Gift Card: Make gift shopping easy this year for Mother's Day. Get her what she wants - this convenient and easy to use American Express Gift Card! Amex gift cards have no monthly fees, no inactivity fees, and the funds don’t expire. Get 100% off Shipping Fees with promo code MOM17B valid until May 14, 2017. Apply Code Here!--Review
6 Ways to Save Money at Kroger:
1. Buy Kroger Gift Cards: My first rule of retail shopping is to buy store gift cards. Get your discount before you ever make it to the store. You’ll get sale prices even if there is no promotion, simply pre-purchase a gift card from a gift card exchange site. My favorite sites to shop for Discounted Kroger gift cards are eBay, Raise.com ($5 Off Code), CardCash or CardPool ($5 Off new user sign up). With pre-purchased Kroger gift cards you have already saved up to 6% on your entire purchase.
2. Kroger Plus Loyalty Card: Your second step to saving money on retail is to always sign up for loyalty programs and memberships. This will get you exclusive deals, extra savings and even special store hours or promotions. Kroger in particular sends out store coupons that include free items and lets you earn bonus fuel points toward discounted gas prices. I regularly get coupons for free eggs, frozen vegetables and other grocery items that I already routinely buy.
2. Use Coupons: As mentioned above Kroger has their own store coupons which they mail out regularly to customers who sign up for their loyalty membership. But Kroger also accepts manufacture’s coupons to stack and also lets you use local competitor coupons. Before you head out to the store, simply check their site and scan for coupons you can print to use in-store. Be sure to check Store Coupon Policy.
3. Get the Kroger app: It’s probably the easiest way to save, you can choose from that week’s available digital coupons and add to your card. At check out, just scan your linked Kroger Loyalty card bar code number and your coupons apply automatically. The Kroger app also create shopping lists, browse weekly store ads, refill prescriptions in seconds and check your fuel points.
4. Catalina Coupons: A Catalina are the coupons that print next to your receipt in grocery and drug stores. Usually they require a total purchase amount or quantity to print. These are valuable because they are like a rebate for your purchase. They are good on your next purchase usually with a short expiration date. We learn about Catalina coupons from folks that find them in the store and report on couponing sites or forums.
5. Kroger Fuel Points: When you spend $100 with your Plus Card you earn 100 points. 100 points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for each fill-up. This is an easy way to save on gas when spending on regular expenses like groceries anyway. The Fuel Program allows you to receive savings of up to $1 off per gallon on fuel purchases at Kroger and 10¢ off per gallon at participating Shell Stations.
6. Cash Back Credit Card: If you don’t have an American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card, I’d recommend you get one. This card gives you 6% back at supermarkets! Let’s say you spend $100 a week on groceries like I do in a household of 4, that’s easily $312 of savings a year! Don’t forget that’s also almost $4 in fuel points, at years end that would net you about another $128 in added savings.
And finally, Kroger regularly has “Mega Sales” when you mix & match specific eligible items at a discount. For example, currently they are offering $4 off when you buy 4. Items range from personal care products to food items and more. These sales are a good time to stock pile pantry and other non-perishable everyday items. Applying just a few of these strategies will help you save money today and in the long run at Kroger Supermarkets. See more Ways to Save Money!
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers $150 back in statement credits after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Cardholders earn 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets(up to $6,000) and 1% after that, 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases. However, the Blue Cash Preferred comes with a $95 annual fee. With the 6% reward rate on qualifying groceries, a family really only needs to spend $25 a week on groceries to make up for the annual fee. Unlike the Chase Freedom or Discover, there is no rotating reward categories and no enrollment required. For a limited time offer (ends 5/3/2017) sign up for a new card membership and earn up to 10% cash back on U.S. restaurant purchases, up to $200 cash back. Terms apply. Apply Now---Amex Blue Cash Preferred Review|
American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog.