Here you’ll find the latest American Express Credit Card Refer-A-Friend Bonuses!
If you’re a non-co-branded American Express cardholder, did you know that you can refer any new people to any Amex card with the American Express credit card refer-a-friend program? Get rewarded for every person that applies for a credit card using your link and is approved!
Keep reading below to see how the referral program works and which cards you can refer!
You can also compare and check out American Express credit card bonuses!
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Table of Contents
What cards can I refer?
The Amex cards that qualify for the referral bonus depend on the Amex cards you have in your wallet.
- If you have a regular Amex card, you can refer any Amex credit card
- If you have a cobranded card, you can refer that suite of cards
So if you have the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, you can refer any Amex card and earn the bonus. However, if you hold a Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, you can only refer cards that earn Marriott Bonvoy points.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. Offer Expires 12/10/2020.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)
How many points can I earn?
The points you earn depends on the personal or business credit card you refer. Keep in mind that the list is subject to change, so make sure you see which cards are eligible at the time.
Please note that these referral offers are subject to change. Your bonus will post to your account anywhere from eight to 12 weeks after your referral is approved for their card.
How do I refer a friend?
You can refer your friends through the following steps below:
- Log into your American Express account.
- Select which credit card you want to refer.
- Click “Refer now.”
- Enter your referral’s email address or get a unique referral link to share wherever you want.
Refer-A-Friend Tips & Tricks
- You can do a spouse referral and refer your partner since it’s within Amex Refer-A-Friend rules.
- Amex doesn’t like it if you spam, so no spamming. You can only send referrals to close family and friends who agreed to receive your referral, so avoid posting your offer on paid advertising or public forums.
- There is a points cap, so there are limits to how many referral bonuses you can earn per year, it varies from card to card.
- You card must be approved, you’ll only earn your bonus if your referral is approved for the card. Simply applying for one does not guarantee a bonus.
- Make sure you pay your balance on time, failure to do so will result in Amex refusing to pay out your referral bonus.
If you use these tips, you can participate in the American Express credit card refer-a-friend program and see how you can take the rewards you earn to the next level. Don’t forget that the bonus you earn us subject to card approval.
Also make sure to check for updates since some offers are only available for a limited time. You can check out which American Express credit card is right for you or you can also check out other credit cards if you’re interested in another.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.60% APY||Review|
|Simple||Up to 0.60% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.50% APY||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|