The American Psychological Association (APA) and the American Psychological Association Practice Organization (APAPO) have agreed to settle several class action lawsuits concerning unfair payments made by certain members of APA to APAPO. According to the APA Practice Assessment Fee Class Action Lawsuit, if you paid a “practice assessment” fee anytime between 2001 to 2/12/2015, you are entitled to a full reimbursement of those fees. Apparently, the APA and APAPO engaged in unfair and deceptive practices by requiring APA members to pay an annual “practice assessment” or “special assessment” fee for membership in the organization. It has been revealed that payment of the practice assessment was only required for membership in the APAPO. The two organizations deny any wrongdoing but have agreed to settle the lawsuit outside of court.
|BMO Harris PremierTM Checking: Earn $500 cash bonus when you open a new PremierTM Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Premier Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. The account comes with free Chase Debit Card, Mobile Check Deposit, Banker guidance, Text banking and QuickPay with Zelle. Apply Now---Chase College Checking Review|
APA Practice Assessment Fee Lawsuit:
- APA Practice Assessment Fee Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 10/12/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anybody in the United States who is a current or former member of APA and paid the APAPO Practice Assessment for APA dues between 2001 and 2/12/2015.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: In re: APA Assessment Fee Litigation, Case Nos. 1:10-cv-10780-JDB and 1:10-cv-01898-JDB, and Grossman v. American Psychological Association, et al., Case No. 1:13-cv-02034-JDB, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
If you are affected by the APA Practice Assessment Fee Class Action Lawsuit, you may be able to make a claim and get a full reimbursement. There is no proof of purchase necessary- you just need to file a claim and provide your personal information. Check out our entire list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements to see if you can file any other claims!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.