Most people are not going to a diamond expert and you most likely aren’t either. If you’re looking at this article, its probably cause you have a genuine curiosity or you have no idea what size diamond ring you need to buy for your engagement. Diamonds are extremely complex with many factors to consider. In this article, we are going to be exploring just one of the factors- Size.
Editor’s Note: If you don’t know how much you should spend on an engagement ring, you should view our guide on Diamond Budgeting.
At Blue Nile, their jewelry is designed and crafted with high-caliber, quality materials and inspected with exceptionally high standard.
• Highest Diamond Quality Standard & Authenticity Certified
• Get More For Less & Always Have The Best
• Best Price: Find a comparable GIA graded diamond for less and they’ll match the price. Pay 20% up to 40% less than traditional jewelers
What is an Average Diamond Size?
The easy answer to the question is: 1 Carat. That may seem super easy, but it really isn’t. While the carat does play a significant role in creating a diamond, there are still the 4 C’s of diamonds you have to worry about and many other factors that may affect how the diamond looks.
So before being doing away with your search and only looking at 1 carat diamonds, start considering other factors that will greatly affect how the diamond looks. You may even find a diamond that weighs less the 1 carat, is less expensive, and more beautiful than a 1 carat diamond.
At James Allen, their diamond and gemstone fine jewelry collection offers hand-crafted pieces of unforgettable luxury that are perfect for any occasion.
• Their mission is to offer consumers online the highest quality diamonds & largest selection at the best price.
• 150,000+ certified conflict-free diamonds, all photographed in 360° HD
• 24/7 Diamond Experts, with option for Real-Time Diamond Inspections
• Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping Worldwide
• Hassle-Free Returns with 100% Money Back Guarantee
Diamond Buying Tips
I may have convinced you to look at diamonds that are under 1 carat as well, but here are some tips to finding a better diamond!
- Shop Online- This is a great way to expand your horizons and look at many different facts and characteristics. Online shopping for diamonds doesn’t allow you to see the diamonds in person, but many companies like Whiteflash and James Allen offer technology that lets you see diamonds even better than the human eye can.
- Go Below the Carat Weight Class- Like said, you can find diamonds that are under 1 carat that are absolutely beautiful. Going under 1 carat can expose you to drastically cheaper price points and possibly a diamond that is cut perfectly to shine with brilliance and fire.
- Eye- Clean Clarity- Many diamond retailers try to get you to buy a diamond with high clarity grading, but the most important thing to consider is whether the diamond is “eye clean.” This means that to the naked eye the diamond looks clear.
At Whiteflash, they're all about the Ideal Cut Diamond carrying the largest inventory & best selection of AGS certified ideal diamonds in the world!
• Exclusive provider of their own A CUT ABOVE® Super Ideal Diamonds
• Finest designer brands such as Tacori, Verragio, Simon G, Ritani, Danhov, Vatche, and Benchmark
• Entire staff GIA trained including several Graduate Gemologists & Diamond Graduates
• Complete Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
While it may seem like one of the most important aspects of diamond grading, the carat is actually not! The carat weight is important, but should not be stressed too much. Consider other factors like the other C’s of the 4 C’s of diamonds. The average diamond carat weight may be 1 carat, however that shouldn’t stop you from buying diamonds that are below or above that size. If you’re interested in purchasing diamonds, you should view our posts on retailers like our Blue Nile Promotions, Whiteflash Review, and James Allen Review. These companies are a great way to start your diamond search!
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers up to $250 - Here's How: Earn up to $150 back when you shop with PayPal. Earn 20% back as a statement credit on purchases when you use your new Card to check out with PayPal at merchants in the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $150 back. Plus, earn $100 back as a statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership.
Balance Transfer is back! Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 17.74% - 28.74% variable APR.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%.
• 3% Cash Back on U.S. online retail purchases, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
• 1% back on other eligible purchases.
• Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Every Card to spend $13.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).