James Allen is by far the best online source for purchasing diamond accessories because of the guarantees such as; 24/7 diamond experts, possible real-time inspections, over 150,000 certified conflict-free diamonds, photographed in 360° HD, lifetime warranty, free shipping worldwide, and hassle-free returns with 100% money back guarantee.
James Allen was founded in 1998 by four creative minds; Oded Edelman, James Schultz, Michele Sigler and Dean Lederman, It soon became the largest privately held online diamond and bridal jewelry retailer in the world by striving to offer online consumers, the highest quality diamonds and largest selection at the best price!
At James Allen, their diamond and gemstone fine jewelry collection offers hand-crafted pieces of unforgettable luxury that are perfect for any occasion.
• Their mission is to offer consumers online the highest quality diamonds & largest selection at the best price.
• 150,000+ certified conflict-free diamonds, all photographed in 360° HD
• 24/7 Diamond Experts, with option for Real-Time Diamond Inspections
• Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping Worldwide
• Hassle-Free Returns with 100% Money Back Guarantee
Table of Contents
James Allen Credentials
- 360-Degree HD Video: Get more confidence with James Allen’s 360-degree video feature!
- Lowest Diamond Prices: Save big on purchases from James Allen with their low-priced diamonds.
- Huge Collection: James Allen has a huge collection of loose sapphires, emeralds, and rubies. You can design your own gemstone ring.
360-Degree HD Videos
Their trademarked “Diamond Display Technology” provides true-to-life, 360-degree, HD videos and images of every single diamond in their collection.
Many other sites use just a stock photo. They only offer a description of the 4Cs (cut, clarity, color, and carat) and the price. James Allen includes great quality images of their diamonds to help you decide on the right one for you.
James Allen offers tons of customization options to create your perfect ring. They have over 500 settings in all styles. Most settings are available in platinum, white gold, yellow gold, or rose gold. They also offer free engraving for most engagement rings.
If you choose your diamond first, James Allen will then show you settings that fit that diamond. If you choose a setting first, the site will then automatically show you diamonds that match it.
If you don’t see a setting you like, James Allen can work with you on a custom design. Of course, you would have to purchase the diamond from them as well. Keep in mind that super customized settings can take a few weeks to ship.I
James Allen’s customer service representatives are available 24/7. All reps have specialized training and are there to help around the clock.
If you need advice, you can get a Real-Time Diamond consultation. You can even screen-share with a rep, so they can see the same diamonds as you. They will help you review the specs and compare diamonds. This feature is the first of its kind in the online diamond industry.
James Allen Financing
Sometimes, it’s not possible to buy an engagement ring in cash. If this is your situation, James Allen Financing offers two options:
- 0% Interest for 6 months: This is good if you have a solid plan to pay off the amount in 6 months. If you don’t, you’ll be charged a very steep interest (currently 28.99%). The interest is assessed from the purchase date, so it can really add up.
- 9.9% Interest for 2 years: A more attractive offer might be the 9.9% interest rate on the 2-year payment plan. With this, you’ll have a full 24 months to pay off the balance.
Note: James Allen does not collect sales tax unless you live in Maryland or New York.
James Allen Education Center
When finding a right diamond to purchase, it may be hard if there is little to no knowledge that is offered. Luckily, James Allen’s Education Center will be able to answer all of your questions about; Loose Diamonds, Engagement Rings, Natural Gemstones, Wedding Rings, and Fine Jewelry.
- Returns: James Allen offers a 30-day money back guarantee. This gives you a decent amount of time to pop the question (and hopefully get the “yes”).
- Resizing: Got the wrong size? You get one free resizing within 60 days of purchase. Note that some rings (such as eternity bands) cannot be resized.
- Warranty: Each purchase comes with a comprehensive lifetime warranty. It covers cleaning, polishing, prong tightening, rhodium plating, and other maintenance (though you’ll have to pay for shipping costs).
- Upgrades: If you want a bigger rock in the future, James Allen has a lifetime upgrade policy. You can swap your diamond for 100% credit and can use it towards a new one, provided that it’s at least 2X the value.
James Allen vs Traditional Retailers
James Allen has the edge over traditional retailers. Here are some reasons why:
- Wider Selection: James Allen has over 85,000 diamonds at every price, shape, and size.
- Magnified Videos: James Allen’s 360 Super Zoom feature allows you to view diamonds as if you’re holding a jeweler’s loupe.
- Ideal-scope Images. Request up to three (3) ideal-scope images for free on James Allen. These images show the light performance of the diamond. Most jewelers at traditional stores do not have ideal-scope images.
- Cheaper Prices. Since James Allen is an online store and does not stock their own diamonds, they save a lot on overhead. This allows them to offer better pricing to customers.
- Accessibility: Shopping from the comfort of your own home means you can spend hours browsing at your leisure. No pressure to buy, no pushy salespeople, no up-selling.
It’s smart to insure your precious ring. After all, it’s a huge financial loss if something happens. Insurance will provide protection if you ever damage, lose, or get it stolen.
James Allen is partnered with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company. You have the option to insure your ring with Jeweler’s Mutual. Some protections they offer include:
- Protection against damage, loss, theft, and mysterious disappearance
- You can choose your own jeweler for repair (to the same quality as original)
- For lost rings, you can get it replaced with another one in the same brand and style
Virtual Ring Sizer
If you do not know your ring size, James Allen has a handy tool to help you figure out! If you get the size wrong, it’s not the end of the world as most rings can be resized. James Allen offers some help with their Ring Size Wizard. There are two virtual ring sizers:
- If you have a ring that fits: First, the sizer will calibrate your screen by measuring a credit card against your screen. Then hold up the ring over one of the circles to find the one that matches.
- If you don’t have a ring: Get a strip of paper or a string and wrap it around the ring finger. Mark the length of the circle. Then after calibrating your screen, hold the strip of paper up to the virtual ruler to find the ring size.
Before purchasing a diamond, it is highly recommended to look at a few different sources. James Allen is a highly reputable online retailer for diamonds and other jewelry!
Needless to say, customers’ experiences with James Allen are most definitely reinforced my long-standing position that James Allen is the best source online for engagement rings.
Good luck with your diamond purchasing and be sure to come back to HustlerMoneyBlog for all of your financial needs!
(View selection at James Allen)