Earn a $250 bonus when you open any new deposit checking account with Bank of the West. You must make direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more for the first three months and also keep a positive balance.
To qualify for the reward, you must:
- Open a qualifying checking account by 11/05/21
- Set up direct deposit with your employer or benefits provider
- Make direct deposits of $1,000 or more, for 3 months in a row
Bank of the West $250 Checking Bonus
- Account Type: Checking account
- Availability: AZ, CA, CO, ID, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI, WY (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Opening Deposit: Any amount ($0.01 or more)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more for the first three months
- Monthly Fee: $10, waive-able
- Household Limit: One per mailing address
- Closing Account Fee: $100
Here is an alternative link to apply for the offer.
(Offer Expires 11/05/2021)
- Apply for a new, qualifying consumer checking account with a promotion code between 09/27/2021 and 11/05/2021. Account must be opened online at www.bankofthewest.com/checkingbonus or in a branch. The checking account must be opened by 11/19/2021. Qualifying checking accounts are consumer checking accounts, excluding UCB Student Checking and Bank of the West Premier Checking accounts.
- The minimum opening deposit for Any Deposit Checking and Any Deposit Checking with 1% for the Planet is $0.01. The minimum opening deposit for other checking accounts eligible for the checking bonus is $100.
- Customer must make qualifying direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more, monthly for three consecutive calendar months by 03/31/2022 to the new checking account. One or more separate direct deposits in a single calendar month that add up to $1,000 qualify. Fulfillment of the offer requirements is based on calendar months which may not coincide with statement cycles. For example: if the checking account is opened in September, then sequential direct deposits made in September, October and November; or October, November and December; or November, December and January; or December, January and February; or January, February and March would each qualify.
- A qualifying direct deposit must be payroll, Social Security, pension or other government benefits. Non-qualifying direct deposits include transfers from Bank of the West or Bank of the West affiliate accounts, credits from Bank of the West, ACH bank-to-bank transfers, person-to-person transfers using a mobile payments service such as Zelle®, or deposits made at a branch or ATM. Qualifying direct deposits must be funds new to the Bank. All deposits must be posted by 03/31/2022.
Make sure you check out Bank of the West to earn a $250 bonus promotion. Don’t forget, the $250 bonus will be reported on IRS on Form 1099 for tax year 2021. If you reside in one of the states listed, be sure to take advantage of this!
Please share your experience by commenting below as we value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide. If you would like to see more, see our list of the latest Bank of the West Promotions or check out our full list of bank promotions.