If you’re thinking of getting engaged soon, the price of the ring probably came across your mind. A diamond engagement ring is a huge investment and will need careful consideration. When it comes to that special someone, you are going to want to get the best ring possible. However, not everyone has a sufficient budget to pay for the best diamond ring possible. Here are some tips to get the best affordable engagement rings for different price points.
Editor’s Note: If you want to look at a great diamond retailer, be sure to check out our review on Whiteflash. They have the best diamond cuts in the industry. Check out our Whiteflash Review!
At Whiteflash, they're all about the Ideal Cut Diamond carrying the largest inventory & best selection of AGS certified ideal diamonds in the world!
• Exclusive provider of their own A CUT ABOVE® Super Ideal Diamonds
• Finest designer brands such as Tacori, Verragio, Simon G, Ritani, Danhov, Vatche, and Benchmark
• Entire staff GIA trained including several Graduate Gemologists & Diamond Graduates
• Complete Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
Table of Contents
Diamond Engagement Ring Considerations
Before you jump into buying a ring, be sure to consider looking over these 4 factors that may affect what ring you buy!
- Budget- The nicest ring is important, but if it doesn’t fit in your budget, then it doesn’t matter at all. Remember that this purchase shouldn’t put you into a financial hole! If you want to get a general idea of how much you should spend, read our article on “How Much Should You Spend on an Engagement Ring?“
- Taste- Consider what she likes and prefers on a ring. Try to be a ring that best matches her taste.
- Lifestyle- Observe her daily life and be sure to not buy a ring that will not be able to complement that life. If she works a lot with kids, it is probably best to not get a ring that has any sharp corners.
- Quality- Factor in the 4 C’s of diamonds to ensure that you are getting the best diamond for the best price possible. If you want to learn more about the 4 C’s, check out our info post on the 4 C’s of Diamonds!
The Best Diamond Tips for Your Buck
Those were the factors to consider in buying a diamond, now here are some tips to get the best deals.
- Focus on the Diamond- The actual diamond is the most expensive part of the ring. If you want a good looking ring, a great diamond on a alright ring will look much better than a bad diamond on a great setting.
- Settings- However, inn some cases, you may actually want to focus on the settings if your special someone wants a flashy looking ring. With a flashy setting, the ring setting can cover up imperfections while still maintaining a great aesthetic.
At James Allen, their diamond and gemstone fine jewelry collection offers hand-crafted pieces of unforgettable luxury that are perfect for any occasion.
• Their mission is to offer consumers online the highest quality diamonds & largest selection at the best price.
• 150,000+ certified conflict-free diamonds, all photographed in 360° HD
• 24/7 Diamond Experts, with option for Real-Time Diamond Inspections
• Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping Worldwide
• Hassle-Free Returns with 100% Money Back Guarantee
Best Rings for Under $1000
This price range is on the low side. Diamonds in this range will weight about 0.4-0.5 Carats and be lower grades than other higher priced diamonds. In these rings, the diamond can have imperfections because they’re much smaller. The best settings that go with a low carat diamond are simple ones like the Simple Solitaire or Halo Rings. Your focus should be on the Cut of the diamonds in the price range. It is the most important factor!
Best Rings for Under $3000
Diamonds in this range are going to be slightly larger, but not quite 1 carat and can equate to a fancier and nicer setting without being eclipsed by it. The main focus for these rings is to get diamonds that are of the best cut grades and have less imperfections. Feel more free to explore and play around with higher quality settings.
At Blue Nile, their jewelry is designed and crafted with high-caliber, quality materials and inspected with exceptionally high standard.
• Highest Diamond Quality Standard & Authenticity Certified
• Get More For Less & Always Have The Best
• Best Price: Find a comparable GIA graded diamond for less and they’ll match the price. Pay 20% up to 40% less than traditional jewelers
Best Rings for Under $5000
At this range, you will start to hit the 1 carat diamonds everyone dreams about. Now that you are at the 1 carat range, you need to consider the grades of the cut, color, and clarity to get a brilliant and beautiful diamond. If you want a diamond that appears extremely large, get a simple setting and the diamond will be able to shine away.
If you want great diamonds, browse through the retailers below to get a look at the best diamonds and customer service on the market!
|Where Is The Best Place To Buy An Engagement Ring?|
|Best Place To Buy Online||James Allen|
|Biggest Selection||Blue Nile|
|Best Diamond Cuts||Whiteflash|
Buying a high quality and meaningful diamond ring isn’t just about price. The symbolism and meaning behind the ring is the most important message your ring should represent. Before buying a ring, think and consider what she likes and how much you can actually spend. This investment shouldn’t put you in financial risk. Use this post as a general guide to your diamond purchasing and you will be on your way to a great deal! If you’re interested in other great retailers, be sure to check out our James Allen Review and Blue Nile Review!
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Plus, earn 20% back on purchases at Amazon.com on the Card in the first 6 months, up to $200 back.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).