If you were a tenant of Tracy Barkalow in Iowa City through his entities TSB Holdings or Big Ten Property Management for the 2010-2011 or 2011-12 lease terms, then you are entitled to a potential award from the Big Ten Property Management Class Action Lawsuit! A court granted summary judgment in favor of the plaintiffs stating that certain provisions in the lease agreements were prohibited under the Iowa Landlord Tenant Act. Although the defendant denies all acts of allegations, they have agreed to settle the class-action lawsuit in order to avoid the further risk and cost of ongoing litigation. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 12/15/16 to receive your potential award!
Big Ten Property Class Action Lawsuit:
- Big Ten Property Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/15/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Tenant of Tracy Barkalow in Iowa City through his entities TSB Holdings or Big Ten Property Management for the 2010-2011 or 2011-12 lease terms, you are a Class Member of this settlement and you may be entitled to compensation.
- Estimated Amount: Up to $130.
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Brooke Staley, et al. v. Tracy Barkalow, et al., Case No. LACV073821, in the Iowa District Court in and for Johnson County
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Big Ten Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 9/12/16 to receive your potential award!
For tenants of Tracy Barkalow in Iowa City through his entities TSB Holdings or Big Ten Property Management for the 2010-2011 or 2011-12 lease terms, you are a Class Member of the Big Ten Property Class Action Lawsuit and you may be entitled to compensation. According to the lawsuit, the judge ruled that provisions removing the landlord’s liability, requiring tenants to pay for all damages to common areas, automatic carpet cleaning, and charging tenants other than actual costs and damages were prohibited. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 9/12/16 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
• 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
• 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations.
• 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
• 1% Cash Back on other eligible purchases.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)