All resident of California who have ever worked for Lyft’s taxi service from May 25, 2012 and July 1, 2016, you may be eligible for a certain number of points depending on the number of hours you drove for Lyft. According to the lawsuit, Lyft classified a number of its drivers as independent contractors, which made them responsible for their own fuel, vehicle maintenance, insurance costs and detailing. Lyft has denied the allegations but has agreed to a settlement. Lyft has claimed that their drivers are in fact independent contractors because they choose when and how many hours they want to work.
Lyft California Driver Class Action Lawsuit:
- Lyft Driver Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/1/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Class members are eligible if you are or were ever a Lyft driver and gave a ride anytime from May 25, 2012 and July 1, 2016.
- Estimated Amount: Different number of points depending on each ride period
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Office of the Attorney General, Department of Legal Affairs, State of Florida v. KB Home, et al., Case No. 2016 CA 000300, in the Circuit Court of the Second Judicial Circuit in and for Leon County, Florida
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Lyft Driver Claim Form
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 12/1/2016 receive your potential award!
All residents of California who have ever driven for Lyft and given a ride from May 25, 2012 to July 1, 2016, may be eligible for a point compensation from the settlement. Lyft has settled an agreement regarding their drivers being classified as independent contractors instead of Lyft employees. The drivers have argued that they should be considered employees of Lyft and therefore reimbursed of those fees. The reasoning behind the drivers’ arguments is that they are required to follow a list of guidelines when speaking to customers, and therefore should be considered employees. Lyft has denied the allegations but has agreed to a settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 12/1/2016 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
|Texar Federal Credit Union||AR, TX||1.25%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Advancial||OK, LA, TX, AK||0.94%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Texas Bridge Credit Union||TX||0.86%||$25k||---||6-Month Mini Jumbo CD||Review|
|EFCU Financial||LA||0.85%||$100k||---||6-Month Jumbo CD||Review|
|InTouch Credit Union||MI, NV, TX||0.85%||$1k||---||7-Month CD||Review|
|TTCU Federal Credit Union||OK||0.85%||$100k||---||6-Month Income CD||Review|
|Community First Credit Union||WI||0.65%||$2.5k||---||6-Month CD||Review|