It’s common knowledge that traveling and spending money go hand in hand. With that said, why not earn travel points when you spend money so that you can then travel for free? It just makes sense! The Citi® Gold / AAdvantage® World MasterCard allows the AAdvantage frequent flyer to earn 30,000 miles with initial sign-up after $750 of spending during the first 4 months. The 30,000 bonus miles is enough for a free round-trip ticket anywhere in the Continental U.S.A. The card allows the cardholder to earn one AAdvantage mile for every dollar spent on purchases on the card, allowing a possible 60,000 miles to be earned in one calendar year. Also, the card is free for the first year with a reasonable variable interest rate of 15.24% and only costs $50 per year afterward. Travel incentives and features include travel accident insurance that covers you and your family, insurance that can be used with rental cars and lost luggage. Additionally, it also provides non-travel incentives: extended warranty options and purchase protection for retail items that you have bought.
- 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after you make $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership. AAdvantage miles may never expire and can be redeemed for travel on American Airlines or over 20 top airlines, stays at hotels worldwide and car rentals with the AAdvantage program.
- $50 annual fee waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership.
- Purchase Annual Percentage Rate. 15.24% APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
- No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle, and the AmericanConnection carriers.
- Reduced Mileage Awards let you travel to select destinations for fewer AAdvantage miles round trip.
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance. Booking tickets with this card comes with a $1,500 trip cancellation insurance.
- Extra Features. Get extended warranty and purchase price protection, insurance for lost luggage, and discounts from Hertz.
- Photo On Your Card. A unique feature offered by Citi that it makes it harder for for people to use your card in a store if it ever gets stolen.
So if you are a frequent flyer of American Airlines and are looking for a credit card with no hassle travel incentives and additional non-travel perks, the Citi Gold/AAdvantage World MasterCard is a good card to have. If you are going to make purchases with a credit card anyway, why not get bonus miles to be spent on your next much-deserved vacation?
Find the best credit card bonuses from our exclusive list!
Dan - BankVibe says
I like this offer, but only if you’re a regular American Airlines flyer. It’s always best to go with the credit card that has partnered with your favorite airlines so that you can continue to rack up points after the promo period. Both Continental and Southwest have good sign up bonuses right now as well, so if you dont fly AA that often you might want to check out those too…