Citi® is offering you a chance to earn up to $3,500 savings bonus when you open a new Citi Savings Account and completing required activities.
To earn the bonus:
- Enroll and open a new Citi Savings Account by 10/03/2022.
- With the required minimum deposit in New-to-Citibank Funds within 20 days of account opening.
- Keep the required minimum balance for 60 consecutive calendar days.
- Earn the corresponding cash bonus associated with your balance tier within 90 calendar days after you complete all required activities.
|Cash Bonus||Minimum Deposit & Minimum Balance|
|$40||$10,000 – $29,999|
|$100||$30,000 – $49,999|
|$200||$50,000 – $99,999|
|$400||$100,000 – $199,999|
|$800||$200,000 – $499,999|
|$1,750||$500,000 – $999,999|
Citi Up to $3,500 Savings Bonus
- Account Type: Citi Savings Account
- Availability: NY, CT, MD, VA, DC, CA, NV, NJ, FL or IL
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Opening Deposit: Varies
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Monthly Fee: Varies.
- Household Limit: None listed
- Closing Account Fee: None listed
- Expiration Date: October 3, 2022
The information for the Citi Savings Account has been collected independently by HustlerMoneyBlog. The product details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the bank.
- Must be at least 18 years old and a new or existing Citi customer.
- Only customers who open in a branch or use a residential address in California, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, District Of Columbia, Virginia, Maryland or select markets in Illinois and Florida can qualify.
- Citi® Accelerate Savings Accounts do not qualify for this offer.
- Savings Accounts that are living trust accounts and custodial accounts are eligible, but fiduciary, estate, business, retirement (IRAs, SEPs, CESAs, money purchase pension plans and profit sharing plans), and other trust accounts will not qualify for this offer.
- You can enroll online by clicking “enroll now” and following the instructions for online account opening or by contacting a Citi representative by phone or in a branch and asking the representative to enroll you in the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer. However, if you open your account on citi.com by any other means you will be not be eligible to earn the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer.
- Must maintain your balance for an additional 60 days from the 21st day. Should you fall to a lower tier (even for 1 day) within that window, your maximum bonus will drop to that tier.
- Funds must be new to Citibank: funds deposited from external accounts or payees other than Citibank, N.A. and must be deposited using domestic ACH transfer, direct deposit, checks drawn on banks other than Citibank, N.A. or wire transfer.
- Cash deposits, Citi Global Transfers, international ACH transfers, Zelle® transactions and person-to-person transfer services such as Apple Pay, PayPal®, and Venmo, and Zelle®, do not qualify as New-to-Citi Funds.
- To remain eligible, your savings account must remain open and in good standing from the time it’s opened until you receive your bonus.
Citi has a large number of branches and ATMs throughout the US. This offer from Citi is nice bonus if you have the funds to deposit. You can watch your savings grow faster!
But it’s a bank geared towards those with high balances in their deposit accounts. Low-balance customers may find the requirements too high and the perks a bit lacking.
For more, see our list of the latest Citi promotions & our extensive bank bonuses list.
*For more, view our list of the best Citi credit card offers.*
citi scammed people… I am pooling out my money!! I have waited 4 months, all terms & conditions were met, called and emailed, now they asked me to wait another 90 days!!! totally insane!
Applied online but got a rejection letter about 2 weeks later saying something about TransUnion report while I have excellent credit score. This is the first time in my life knowing that I can be ineligible to open a checking account while I have money ready to deposit. Glad they rejected it though if the promote is a proved joke as people are saying here.
Checking credit for a credit card application makes sense.
What I don’t understand is why they need to check credit for opening a bank account.
Because some banks will extend to you a line of credit for overdraft purposes.
Can you qualify for this offer if you already received the $400 Citi Checking bonus?
I heard something about one customer can only get one offer per year, not sure if that is true. Anyone can confirm?
This is a TARGETED promotion. So basically the code can be used by the person that that this original offer not everyone.
I went to the bank and called the 1866# and both the agents said the same thing. TARGETED
I opened a Citibank checking account to get the $500.00 bonus over the phone. I mailed in my paperwork. They didn’t open the account. Then I faxed it in. Cost about $2. They opened the account and I funded it. But had to go to a branch to deposit a check. After 90 days no bonus. I called. Citibank told me they’d investigate. Citibank said it would take 30 to 60 days to conduct the investigation. After about 30 days I got a letter from Citibank. It said I’d get the bonus. Actually I got the bonus on the day the letter was mailed. I found that out after I checked my account. But I got the bonus. Seems like too many hoops.
If you really want to invest 250,000 and get $700, you are better off investing in Ally bank (or anywhere) that compounds interest daily and has interest rate of 1%. I did an online calculation and found that for a period of four months(August- November, which is what is required of you to avail the bonus), I would have earned $800+ on that 250k!! And no hassle like ciitbank where I tried twice before to open an account and they would deny application for no reason. Now, I am vary of any citi bonuses and want to tell citi no one is a fool here to fall for your silly bonus!
$700 on $250K for 3 months is 11.2%
Sounds very good. But you will not get the money for 3 month, if you are lucky they say they will give you the money after 90 days. — which total is 6 month. And only if you are lucky. I still have not have my money yet!!
@John no, not really… $250,000 at 1% interest per year is $2500(to keep things simple, I am stating simple interest, even though mine is compounded daily)
So, for one month it is 2500/12= 208.33 and for 3 months it is 208*4 ( as mentioned before- for august to november) =$832!!!
Citi is still a ridiculous deal.
Wait, I thought the offer is for $25K, not $250K. Way are you guys all talking about $250K? Am I missing something?
I opened an account with $500 bonus its been four months and met all the requirements but still no bonus this us bogus program
Me too. I opened account at citi bank in April, Saying I will get $500 for deposit $100,000 for 90 days. As today I have not get the $500 bonus. I called and citibank said there is no such promotion in April– Big lie!!!! They say they will do an investigation. So I suggest, don’t waste your time and money to hope citibank will get you the bonus. I agree other people saying : Open a saving in Ally (1%) or discover bank (.95%) you will get about $1000 for a year for deposit $100,000 without risk.
This is a misleading promo by Citi. The only way to actually get that $500 bonus is if you have several hundred thousand dollars in the account. All it does is give you 5 times the interest (up to $500) only. And their interest rate is crap, 0.5% with this promo. You can get a better 1% return with Discover savings or a bunch of other places currently, plus they also have opening bonuses as well.
John Smith says
You are right. This offer is a complete joke.
Yep……. Citibank is looking for fools. This advertisement is laughable. If you deposit the minimum of $25,000, they will pay you $10.50. That’s ten dollars and fifty cents.
“The only way to actually get that $500 bonus is if you have several hundred thousand dollars in the account. ”
Can you explain why? I thought the minimum deposit is $25K.
Yes, the minimum is 25K. That amount does not make you eligible for the $400 bonus. If you look at the offer, it says “up to” $400. You actually have to deposit 400K to get $400. The interest rate they pay is tiered to the deposit amount.