You can earn a $25 Referral Bonus when you refer a friend who opens a Checking account from Citizens Equity First Credit Union.
In order to receive your bonus, you must do the following:
- Fill out the Referred By section of the Official Referral Certificate and give it to a friend.
- Have your friend fill out the New Member and Qualifying Account(s) sections and take the Certificate to a Member Center at the time a CEFCU® Savings and qualifying account is opened.
- You could receive up to $25 via automatic deposit to your Savings account within 4–6 weeks.
Citizens Equity First Credit Union $25 Referral Bonus
- Account Type: Checking Account
- Availability: CA, IL
- Credit Inquiry: Soft
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Opening Deposit: None
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Monthly Fee:
- Checking: There are no monthly fees.
- Dividend Checking: $6.00 monthly fee can be waived by: Maintaining an average daily balance of $2,500
- Household Limit: Limit 3 per referral
- Closing Account Fee: Must keep your account in good standing or you might incur closing costs.
(Offer Expires December 31, 2021)
- For a limited time, any current CEFCU member in good standing (“Member”) can receive up to $25 (“Referral Fee”) via direct deposit to his/her CEFCU Savings account by referring a non-member friend (“Friend”) to CEFCU, where the Friend opens a qualifying new CEFCU account and submits an Official Referral Certificate within five business days of account opening.
- To refer a Friend, simply complete the “Referred By” section of the Official Referral Certificate and provide it to your Friend.
- For you to receive the Referral Fee, your Friend must (i) qualify for CEFCU membership; (ii) open a regular Savings account with a minimum deposit of $5 on or before 12/31/21; (iii) open a qualifying CEFCU account at the time of the Savings account opening; and (iv) submit a completed Official Referral Certificate at the time of account opening or mail it to CEFCU, attn.: Marketing/Referral, P.O. Box 1715, Peoria, IL 61656-1715 within five days of account opening.
- Qualifying accounts to receive a $25 reward may be any of the following: Checking, Vehicle Loan or Credit Card account.
- Qualifying accounts to receive a $10 reward may be any of the following: Personal Loan, Health Savings Account, or (where the primary member is age 12 or younger), the Savings account referenced at (ii) above.
- Qualifying accounts do not include Insured Money Market Accounts, Club Accounts, Home Equity Loans, Home Loans, Uniform Transfer to Minor Accounts, Rep Payee Accounts, or Certificates.
- Referral Fees will be deposited four to six weeks following the Friend’s account opening.
- There is a limit of 3 Referral Fees paid to a Member, or $75, whichever is greater, per calendar year.
- Only one Referral Fee may be redeemed per new Member. Offer subject to change and void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Employees and volunteers of CEFCU, their immediate families, and any person living in the household of these individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to receive a Referral Fee.
- All accounts are subject to qualification.
- The value of the bonus is considered a taxable dividend to you and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
At Citizens Equity First Credit Union, you’ll be able to find the checking account that fits your life.