Find all the latest Citizens Equity First Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Currently, CEFCU has a $125 bonus for new members that open a qualifying checking account.
Table of Contents
About Citizens Equity First Credit Union Promotions
Since its formation in 1937, Citizens Equity First Credit Union has grown to over 330,000 members. They have also grown to over 27 membership branches across Illinois and California. However, even if you are not located near a branch, you can see all nationwide bank bonuses for more suitable offers.
|Eligibility: To be eligible, you must live or work in Fulton, Knox, Livingston, Logan, McLean, Macon, Marshall, Mason, Peoria, Putnam, Sangamon, Stark, Tazewell, or Woodford counties in Illinois. For more information on membership eligibility, please see the Full Membership Requirements.|
Please continue reading to learn more about CEFCU promotions.
CEFCU $125 Checking Savings Bonus
Citizens Equity First Credit Union is offering a $125 bonus when you meet all the requirements.
- Account Type: Checking, Savings
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Opening Deposit: See below
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Optional
- Monthly Fee: $0- $6, see how to avoid monthly fees below.
- Household Limit: None
- Closing Account Fee: Must keep your account in good standing or you might incur closing costs.
(Expires December 31, 2020)
Additionally, you may want to compare this offer to a Chase Total Checking ($200 Bonus), HSBC Premier Checking ($450 Bonus), Huntington 25 Checking ($500 Bonus), TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus) as well as the BBVA Online Checking & Savings (Up To $250).
How To Earn $125 Bonus
- Open a Checking account with a $25 opening deposit
- Receive your $100 Savings credit:
- Sign up for eStatements.
- Complete at least one (or more) of the following qualification criteria** the calendar month after you open your Checking account.
- Have a minimum individual balance of $5,000 or minimum household balance of $10,000
- Make 5 or more purchases of at least $15 with your CEFCU Debit Mastercard linked to this new Checking account
- Have direct deposits totaling $500 or more on this Checking account or associated Savings account
- Receive your $25 Savings credit:
- Use your CEFCU Debit Mastercard® for qualifying purchases for three months after you open your Checking account.
- Free Debit Card
- Earn Interest w/ Dividend Checking
- Overdraft Protection
- Free Nationwide Banks
- Checking: There are no monthly fees.
- Dividend Checking: $6.00 monthly fee can be waived by:
- Maintaining an average daily balance of $2,500
- The bonuses are not available on transfers of existing CEFCU Checking accounts.
- All bonuses are not available on Health Savings Accounts, Rep Payee accounts, Uniform Transfer to Minor Accounts, Basic Business Checking accounts, Dividend Business Checking accounts, or Business Checking accounts.
- Offer subject to change.
- There is a limit of a combined total of $125 for personal Checking account-related bonuses per member.
- The value of the bonuses are considered a taxable dividend to you and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Your bonus will be deposited to the CEFCU Savings account associated with your new Checking account within 4 to 6 weeks of the end of the third full calendar month following account opening.
Lastly, the Citizens Equity First Credit Union promotions, such as the $125 bonus, allows you to earn a bonus by skipping the hassle of switching direct deposits to this new account. Additionally, once you join, you can start referring new members and earn bonuses.
Furthermore, please leave us a comment below if we are missing any information. Additionally, please provide your feedback, as they make our sites better!
*Check back at this page for updated Citizens Equity First Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers.
The best bank bonuses are updated here. Check the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Read about several offers for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses of all the big banks.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC Bank routinely has offers for several of their Personal Checking and Business Checking accounts. They also have a good referral program.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Bonus offers for their Checking accounts are only available for limited periods throughout the year. They also have great options for those looking for a free Checking account (no monthly fees).
• Discover Bank Bonuses. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.