Take advantage of PNC Bank Promotions, Bonuses, and Offers here.
PNC Bank has all new Checking, Savings, Business account promotions that can range in value from $50, $100, $200, $400, or $500.
About PNC Bank Promotions
PNC Bank opened its doors officially in 1852 and has grown to over 2,400 branches across 20 states.
PNC Bank offers various banking services including investment, checking, savings, and CD Rates for you to take advantage of.
I’ll review the PNC Bank Promotions below.
PNC Bank Up to $400 Virtual Wallet® Checking Bonus
PNC Bank is offering you a chance to earn up to a $400 bonus when you open up a PNC Bank Virtual Wallet® checking account.
- What you’ll get: Up to $400 bonus
- Account Type: Virtual Wallet, Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend, Virtual Wallet with Performance Select
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $5000 (see what works)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystem: Unknown
- Credit Card Funding: Now codes as cash advance
- Monthly Fee: $15, or $25, but waivable
- Early account termination fee: $25 if closed within six months
- Household Limit: None listed
(Expires June 30, 2023)
|For more advanced features in a checking account, compare this offer to BMO Harris PremierTM Account ($500 Bonus), U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking (Up to $400 bonus), Chase Private Client ($3,000 Bonus), TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus), Fifth Third Bank Preferred Checking ($225 bonus), and Citigold® Checking Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
How To Earn Bonus:
- Earn up to $400 when you open and use a select new PNC Virtual Wallet®
- Virtual Wallet®: Earn $50 when you establish total qualifying direct deposit(s) of $500 or more to the Spend account
- Virtual Wallet® with Performance Spend: Earn $200 when you establish total qualifying direct deposit(s) of $2,000 or more to the Spend account.
- Virtual Wallet® with Performance Select: Earn $400 when you establish total qualifying direct deposit(s) of $5,000 or more to the Spend account.
- Your Virtual Wallet product must remain open in order for you to receive the reward, which will be credited to the eligible account within 60–90 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as “CREDITS CHECK REWARD” on your monthly statement.
- Offer is contingent on product availability and may vary based on where you open your account and the Zip code of your primary address. For online or phone origination, the Zip code of your primary address will be used to determine product availability. You may earn a $400 reward if you open and use a new Virtual Wallet with Performance Select, a $200 reward if you open and use a new Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend, or a $50 reward if you open and use a new Virtual Wallet. If you change your Virtual Wallet product type after account opening, the product type that you are in at the end of the month in which you opened your account will determine your offer eligibility, terms and corresponding reward amount, if applicable.
- To qualify for the reward, the new Virtual Wallet product must be opened online via the application links on this page from 04/01/2023 through 06/30/2023, and a qualifying Direct Deposit(s) must be received within the first 60 days. Your Virtual Wallet product must remain open in order for you to receive the reward, which will be credited to the eligible account within 60–90 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as “CREDITS CHECK REWARD” on your monthly statement.
- A qualifying Direct Deposit for this offer, is defined as a recurring Direct Deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into the Spend account of a Virtual Wallet with Performance Select, Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend, or Virtual Wallet. The total amount of all qualifying Direct Deposits credited to your Spend account must be at least $5,000 for Virtual Wallet with Performance Select, $2,000 for Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend or $500 for Virtual Wallet. Credit card cash advance transfers, wire transfers, person to person transfers, transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a physical PNC location or ATM do not qualify as qualifying Direct Deposits.
- New account will not be eligible for offer if you or any signer on the new account has an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days, or has been paid a PNC promotional premium in the past 24 months. If multiple accounts are opened with the same signers, only one account will be eligible for the premium. Trust, Estate and other specialty titled accounts are excluded from this offer. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market. The value of the reward may be reported on the appropriate Internal Revenue Service (IRS) forms, and may be considered taxable income to you. Please consult your tax adviser regarding your specific situation.
PNC Bank High Yield Savings
PNC Bank $200/$500 Business Checking Bonus
PNC Bank is offering new customers to take advantage of a $200 or $500 bonus with a new qualifying PNC Business Checking Account.
- Account Type: Business Checking
- Availability: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and WV
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit Card Funding: No – Now codes as cash advance
- Monthly Fee: $10 to $50; waive-able
- Closing Account Fee: $25 fee if closed within 6 months of opening
- Household Limit: None listed
|Compare to some of the best business checking accounts such as Chase Business Checking ($300 or $500 Bonus), U.S. Bank Business Checking ($500 or $750 Bonus), Live Oak Bank Business Savings ($300 Bonus), Axox Bank Basic Business Checking ($100 Bonus), Axos Bank Business Interest Checking ($100 Bonus), Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking ($1,000 Bonus), Huntington Unlimited Business Checking ($400 Bonus), as well as the Huntington Business Checking 100 ($200 Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- $200 Bonus:
- Open a new qualifying business checking account
- Maintain a minimum average cycle balance of $5,000 for each of the first three statement cycles.
- Make at least 20 total qualifying PNC Bank Visa® Debit Card transactions within the first three statement cycles.
- $500 Bonus:
- Open a qualifying Treasury Enterprise Plan or Analysis Business Checking account
- Maintain a minimum average cycle balance of $30,000 for each of the first three statement cycles.
- Your new checking account must remain open in order for you to receive the reward, which will be credited to the eligible account within 90 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as “Credits NEW BUS BONUS” on your monthly statement.
- Only business checking accounts with statements that cycle monthly are eligible for this offer.
- Business checking accounts that receive statements daily, weekly, or quarterly are ineligible.
- Already established, converted, or repurposed PNC checking or savings accounts are not eligible.
- The average cycle balance is defined as the average total within your business checking account at the end of your statement cycle.
PNC Bank $100 Referral Bonus
PNC Bank is offering you a chance to earn up to a $100 bonus when you refer a coworker.
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Availability: Nationwide
- Household limit: None listed
(Limited time offer)
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with offers include the BMO Harris Smart Money ($300 bonus), Bank of America ($100 bonus offer), U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking (Up to $400 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($225 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), and Citi Priority Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Confirm you are a PNC WorkPlace Banking customer.
- Confirm you are a PNC WorkPlace Banking customer by entering your online banking credentials.
- Refer a coworker – or more than one
- Identify the coworkers you’d like to refer. Make sure they’re qualified. Then it’s simple–just type in their name and email.
- Tell your coworker(s) to check their inbox
- Your Coworker will receive an email with a coupon ID. The email includes your name and will inform your coworker that they may qualify for a special new customer offer.
- Your coworker(s) open an eligible account in a branch
- A PNC banker can help your coworker confirm they qualify for the program. Your coworker must open an eligible PNC WorkPlace Banking checking product, and meet new customer offer stipulations.
- You may receive a $100 referral reward.
- If your coworker meets those stipulations, you receive $100 into your PNC WorkPlace Banking checking product.
- To be awarded $100 for referring a new customer to PNC WorkPlace Banking, you must hold a PNC WorkPlace Banking Virtual Wallet with Performance Select, Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend, Virtual Wallet, Performance Select Checking, Performance Checking or Standard Checking account and make a qualified referral through the online form found at pnc.com/referacoworker.
- You must obtain permission from the person you are referring (the “Referee”) for PNC to email them an offer on your behalf, because when you make a referral online, an email (the “Referral Email”) to the Referee is generated indicating your name, a referral to open a qualifying PNC WorkPlace Banking checking product and a Coupon ID. To be eligible for the PNC Workplace Banking program’s new customer offer, the Referee must be employed by a company that participates in the PNC WorkPlace Banking program.
- In order for you to qualify to receive your reward, the Referee must first meet the following requirements: 1) is eligible for the PNC WorkPlace Banking program; 2) does not have signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account, did not close an account within the past 90 days, and was not paid a promotional premium within the past 24 months; 3) when applying in person, presents the Referral Email with the Coupon ID by showing it to a PNC representative where available or, when applying via the Referral email, begins the digital application by clicking the “apply now” button where available; and 4) opens a qualifying PNC WorkPlace Banking checking product and meets the stipulations to earn a PNC WorkPlace Banking monetary reward.
- Your reward of $100 will be credited to your account within 60 to 90 days after the monetary reward is issued to the Referee and will be identified as “CREDITS WORKPLACE REFER” on your statement. You are limited to ten referral payments of $100 — up to $1,000 per 12-month period. This offer may be extended, modified or withdrawn at any time without prior notice and may vary by market. The value of the reward may be reported on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099 and may be considered taxable income to you. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your specific situation.
- The Referee does not receive the offer email because the Referee already has a PNC checking account, is in the PNC email unsubscribe list, has received the maximum number of Refer a Coworker emails from others, has received and redeemed a Refer a Coworker coupon code or if the email address you provided is incorrect or is no longer valid.
- The Referee does not qualify for the new customer offer because the Referee is not eligible for PNC WorkPlace Banking, opens a PNC WorkPlace Banking checking product that is not included in the new customer offer, fails to meet any stipulations of the offer, has signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days, or has been paid a promotional premium in the past 24 months.
- The Referee opens a PNC WorkPlace Banking checking product using a referral coupon ID provided by another coworker’s referral or does not show the referral coupon ID when opening the new PNC WorkPlace Banking checking product.
- The Referee chooses not to open a PNC WorkPlace Banking checking product.
- You close your PNC checking product before you receive your reward. The reasons you may not receive this referral reward include, but are not limited to, the following:
- If you have not received a $100 reward identified as “CREDITS WORKPLACE REWARD” on your PNC statement by 90 days after the new customer offer’s end date, you should consider the referral expired. The new customer offer was included in the Referee email. Due to the confidential nature, PNC cannot disclose any information about qualifying accounts applied for or opened by Referees.
How To Waive Monthly Fees
- Virtual Wallet has a $7 monthly fee that is waived with:
- $500 or more average monthly balance in Spend + Reserve
- OR, $500 or more in total qualifying monthly direct deposits to the Spend
- OR if 62+ years old
- Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend has a $15 monthly fee that is waived with:
- $2,000 or more average monthly balance in Spend + Reserve
- OR, $2,000 or more in total qualifying monthly direct deposits to the Spend
- OR, $15,000 combined average monthly balance
- Virtual Wallet with Performance Select has a $25 monthly fee that is waived with:
- $5,000 or more average monthly balance in Spend + Reserve + up to 6 linked checking accounts
- OR, $5,000 or more in total qualifying monthly direct deposits to the Spend
- OR, $25,000 combined average monthly balance
- Business Checking: $10 monthly account maintenance fee, unless you meet any ONE of the following requirements:
- $500 average monthly collected balance
- OR, Use a linked PNC business credit card to make a minimum of $500 in eligible purchases
- OR, Maintain a linked PNC Merchant Services® account and generate a minimum of $500 in qualifying monthly processing deposits
- Business Checking Plus: $20 monthly account maintenance fee, unless you meet any ONE of the following requirements:
- $5,000 average monthly collected balance OR,
- Use a linked PNC business credit card to make a minimum of $5,000 in eligible purchases OR,
- Maintain a linked PNC Merchant Services® account and generate a minimum of $5,000 in qualifying monthly processing deposits. OR,
- Maintain $20,000 average combined collected balance in a linked PNC business checking account and business money market account
- Analysis Business Checking: $20 monthly account maintenance fee. Then, pay per-item-usage fees for the activity levels and services your business actually uses.
Current PNC Bank Promotions offers various bonuses depending on what you sign-up for.
Compare these banking promotions from PNC Bank with institutions like U.S. Bank, Citi, Huntington, HSBC, Chase, TD Bank, Discover Bank, Aspiration, Axos Bank, BMO Harris, SoFi, and more!
*We will continue to add to this review for more up to date and current promotions, bonuses, and offers.
I am pretty sure I opene dthe account with $400 promo but only received $50! Upon checking with customer service rep, they said I opened an incorrect account to receive $400! I closed the account right there as I felt like being cheated! (Agent also mentioned closing the account will not impact the $50 received even if its just been 1 month since credit was received.
Wish it didnt go this way.
I actually spoke with a live rep on the phone. Being I’m from MO I only qualify for the $50?! Easy though. I’m 62- zero balance.
Mito Lu says
Hi Danny Nguyen,
PNC is a bad bank. I never had any issue with any other bank link direct deposit to qualify for any advertised Cash promotion offer.
After I did all the step with PNC, PNC refused to pay cash promotion $ from Bank of America EDD. They said on their system it show up as transfer.
I just want everyone to be aware this issue, report this Unfair Competition (legal term) to Consumer Fiancial Burreau (855-411-2372).
As a group we can rectify it …
I am having the same issue with PNC. I was looking for the $400 promo money. They wanted to know the code that I signed up with back in Nov ’21. They told me there isn’t a code associated with my account. I will receive a call back next week.
Nathan Gregory says
Did you get any resolution?
Robert Burkard says
ok I am trying to make some fast money doing this I have about 1000$ and was going to open some accounts to make money i spent on Christmas and was hope i could get some help ,as I have lost alot of money being scamed this year and want to start a better year this year .
Debbie Sowers says
Read the requirements; Direct Deposit(?), Use E-pay(?), Set up On-line Statements(?), etc. Danny gives a very good basic overview, then go on to the bank’s web site and read the fine print. It will tell you what is required, how long to do it, and if there is a monthly fee that can be waived. I have been surprised to find that the bank associates themselves often don’t know the details of the offer you want to take advantage of. There is money to be made and it is not illegal, immoral or unethical!!! We have made another $1,200 this year, so far, and will bring in another $1,150 by the end of the year. I keep records of the banks that I have opened accounts with, along with when they were closed. Most banks will not allow you to open an account, for another bonus, unless your previous one has been closed for 1 year. Some banks are starting to say 2 years, one bank even said 3 years. I’ve been able to use 8 different banks, one of them twice, for their bonuses! Thanks Danny!
This takes a little time and effort, but it’s worth it to me! Thank you Danny, your site was the first one I saw at the end of 2018. Since then, my husband and I have picked up about $1,500 and my son another $200. I’m loving it!
I want to earn $50 Checking Bonus. This article is a big help for me. I think that with the help of this article. I will be able to do it. Thanks for sharing this very helpful site.
Thanks for sharing this article. I want to earn my $300 checking bonus. This article will surely help me. This is very comprehensive. I’ll surely return to this article.
Betty Simpson says
Opened an account in June of 2019 had direct deposit started. Still have not received the bonus.
Thanks for sharing this article about PNC Bank Promotions September 2019. I think that this article will definitely help me. I’ll try to earn my $300 bonus. This is a very helpful site.
Great article! I think that PNC Bank is a great financing partner. This article definitely help me to understand PNC Bank well. Thanks for sharing this article.
Stephen Pitkin says
Thanks, but where’s the savings offer?
Does the account need to remain open for any set period of time to avoid forfeiting the bonus when the account is closed?
I had this same questions so I called the bank. I was told there was a $25 fee if you close the account before it’s been opened a year.
Do the debit card transactions have to be with a pin, or can any purchases count?
Kim Korbelic says
any purchase counts, atm withdrawals do not count.
Johnny Boy says
Is there a time limit on the direct deposits totaling $2,000 ($200 bonus) or $5,000 ($300 bonus)? Like 60 or 90 days?