If you ever were incarcerated in the City of Jennings anytime between Feb. 8, 2010 and Sept. 16, 2015 for a minor offence such as unpaid court debits or traffic tickets, you may be eligible to receive a cash payment depending on how many days you spent in jail and the number of applicants who submit their claims. The City of Jennings has agreed to a settlement regarding inhuman treatment of plaintiffs due to only minor offences that they could not afford at the time. The City of Jennings has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 11/24/16 to receive your potential award!
Table of Contents
City of Jennings Incarceration Class Action Lawsuit:
- City of Jennings Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 11/24/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Class members are eligible if you were incarcerated in the City of Jennings for minor offences from Feb. 8, 2010 to Sept. 16, 2015
- Estimated Amount: Varies depending on the number of days spent in jail and the number of claim applicants
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Jenkins, et al. v. The City of Jennings, Case No. 4:15-cv-00252-CEJ, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the City of Jennings Incarceration Claim Form
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 11/24/16 to receive your potential award!
A group of legal firms have claimed that the City of Jennings violated their clients by locking them up in inhumane conditions for minor offences such as failing to pay a court debt. Residents that were locked up between Feb. 8, 2010 to Sept. 16, 2015 for minor offences may be eligible for a claim. The City of Jennings has denied wrongdoing and liability but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 11/24/16 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.