Hello to all the parents and teenagers out there! Do you want some experience working or want a little bit more spending money? Maybe you just want to start saving for a car, college or learn to value an earned dollar, there are jobs out there, especially with these companies, that are known to hire young teens as young as fourteen!
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus||Discover Bank $360 Cashback Debit|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||BlockFi Up To $250 BTC Bonus|
|WeBull 2 Free Stocks||BBVA Free Checking & Savings $250 Bonus|
Table of Contents
Laws Surrounding Hiring Young Teens
According to the Fair Labor Standards Act, fourteen is the minimum hiring age for non-agricultural employment with restrictions on the number of hours they can work as well as the types of jobs they can perform. For fourteen and fifteen-year-old employees, all work must be done outside of school hours and they may not work:
- More than 3 hours on a school day, including Friday.
- Over 18 hours per week when school is in session.
- More than 8 hours per day when school is not in session.
- More than 40 hours per week when school is not in session.
- Before 7 AM or after 7 PM on any day, except from June 1st through Labor Day, when night-time work hours are extended to 9 PM.
In some states, teens may need to obtain a work permit to seek employment. The best way to find out if they’ll need to complete this step is by consulting with their school’s guidance office or the state’s department of labor. Although some exceptions may apply, teens must generally be paid the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour (but this will depend on what they do and where they work).
List Of Companies That Hire Teens
The following companies hire young teens around the realm of mature fourteen and fifteen-year-old employees, although it is important to note that the hiring process does vary by store and region. Contact the local business in your area to learn more about their individual hiring practices and requirements. There may also be limited positions available for younger workers, so be sure to ask them ahead of time.
- AMC Theaters (hires ushers and concession workers 14 and older)
- Baskin-Robbins (hires team members 14 and older; select locations)
- Bruster’s (hires team members 14 and older based on state labor laws and local store policies)
- Ben & Jerry’s (hires team members 14 and older)
- Boston Market (hires team members 15 and older)
- Burger King (select states hire team members 14 and older)
- Chick-fil-A (hires team members 14 and older; select locations)
- Culver’s (hires team members 14 and older)
- Dairy Queen (hires team members 14 and older)
- Fareway (hires team members 14 and older for the Grocery Department)
- Giant Eagle (hires bakery clerks or shopping cart attendants as young as 14)
- KFC (hires team members 13 and older in select states for )
- Kroger & affiliates (hires baggers or stockers with a proper work permit – as young as 14)
- McDonald’s (hires crew members as young as 14)
- Palace Entertainment (hires team members 14 and older for positions in Park Services, Admissions, Food & Beverage Cashier, and Parking Attendant)
- Publix (hires cashiers and clerks 14 and older)
- Rita’s Italian Ice (hires treat team members 14 and older)
- Runza (hires crew members 14 and older)
- Safeway & affiliates (hires baggers with work permits as young as 14)
- Six Flags (hires young teens for part-time work as a skill game operator or to fill roles in food or ice cream trucks)
- Starbucks (hires team members 14 in older in Montana only)
- Taco Bell (hires team members 14 and older)
- Winn-Dixie & affiliates (hires baggers 14 and older)
More Job Ideas for Young Teens
Another option that you parents and teens can consider is Care.com. This is a site that allows teens between the ages of 14 and 17 to create a parent-monitored account and check out the available jobs in their area. This can include jobs like babysitting, pet care, house sitting, lawn maintenance and more!
Additionally, you can check your neighborhood’s Facebook group to see if they have any listings that you can do. Also, be sure to think about your specific region, as local attractions, delis, pizzerias, car washes, pools, parks, etc. may be willing to hire younger teens.
If you’re a motivated and mature teenager that wants to start working or simply a parent that wants to get their child started on the right foot, the companies and tips we have listed above can help you there! There are various types of jobs out there that looks good on your resume and helps build your work experience so check all of them out! To aid you on your journey, check out more ways to save money using credit cards!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking & Savings||$250 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|