Take advantage of Credit Karma to pull your credit score from each of the three credit bureaus for FREE. This lets you keep up with what accounts you have open, to check the status of your accounts and to make sure there are no mistakes on your reports. You usually have to pay to get the score that lenders consider to determine your credit’s worthiness. If you pull your score frequently, perhaps because you are seeking loans, it goes down with each inquiry. Thus, you may want to give Credit Karma a try,where you can get a credit score and track your score over time with no fees or obligations.
Credit Karma is a free site that pulls your TransUnion credit score (specifically your TransRisk New Account Score) as often as you like. In addition to showing you your credit score, they also show how your score ranks in comparison with millions of others. Then it guides you to the best offers for credit cards and banks based on the strength of your credit score. You can also get your Vantage Score and your Auto Insurance Score.
Other FREE Credit Karma services:
- Credit Report Card; get a snapshot of your credit report as well as a grades. It shows what credit repairs you need to raise your score.
- Credit Simulator. This informative tool simulates what certain financial transactions will do to your credit score.
- Credit Compare for comparing your credit score against others in the Credit Karma community. You can see how you rank based on the overall Credit Karma community, by state, by age percentile, and email domain.
- Tools & Calculators like amortization, home affordability and debt repayment calculators.
- Credit advice such as “How do I improve my credit score?” or you can choose to answer others’ questions.
Credit Karma stays profitable through the advertising they offer on their site. In addition, you give them your e-mail address and if you choose not to opt out during registration, they may occasionally send you offers from their “partners” whom they feel may be a good match for you based on your profile and credit score. Best of all, because all of their services are free, there is no trial period and you don’t have to cancel your account within a certain time frame to avoid being charged. In fact, Credit Karma never asks for credit card information.
Credit Karma must have your social security number to access your credit score, which makes some people leery. However, Credit Karma uses your social security number to access your TransUnion credit report. They do not store social security numbers on their server. If you feel comfortable sharing your information on with other financial institutions, you will probably feel comfortable sharing it with Credit Karma. Though you aren’t getting your FICO score from the three credit bureaus with this service, you are getting a score that will be a close approximation from one of the credit bureaus (TransUnion). Unless you need to know your FICO score, getting your score from Credit Karma is a great way to see your score frequently as well as see how you can improve your score for FREE.
Credit Karma offers FREE and convenient service for those wanting to keep tabs on their credit score, along with a number of useful tools and calculators to help you better understand your credit score when it comes to loans. Sign up for this valuable financial tool today.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Earn now. Travel when you're ready. After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit on your Card to inspire your next travel.
• 2X Miles on Delta purchases at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets
• 1X mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
There is a $99 annual fee, however, there is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year (See Rates & Fees). Now, you'll get get more savings with your first checked bag for free on Delta flights.
Leave a Reply