Engagement Rings. Bridal Sets. Wedding Rings. Wedding Bands. There are so many different types of jewelry and options that are symbolic of marriage, but do you know what each of them do or mean? It is a little bit complicated, but once it is explained, it is super easy to understand. They all of their different functions and its important to know what they are used for. Knowing their uses can help you decide what and when you should buy each piece.
At Blue Nile, their jewelry is designed and crafted with high-caliber, quality materials and inspected with exceptionally high standard.
• Highest Diamond Quality Standard & Authenticity Certified
• Get More For Less & Always Have The Best
• Best Price: Find a comparable GIA graded diamond for less and they’ll match the price. Pay 20% up to 40% less than traditional jewelers
Table of Contents
Engagement Rings vs Wedding Rings vs Bridal Sets
They both sound about the same. Their both symbols of everlasting commitment, but they are actually completely different.
An Engagement Ring is used for the proposal and is a promise for commitment. They are usually more expensive and have a diamond centerpiece. The lady in the relationship usually is the one that gets to wear the ring on their left hand’s 4th finger/ring finger , but sometimes the man has one as well to show that they are committed to a partner.
The Wedding Ring is used for the wedding ceremony where the Bride and Groom exchange rings. From that day of exchange, you are united together forever. They are usually super simple and a continuous band to represent eternal love. Wedding rings and bands are basically the same thing. Bands are more simple, while a ring can have more intricacies.
Bridal Sets are a set of matching engagement and wedding rings for the bride. Retailers sell them together so that there is uniformity between the engagement and wedding rings. People opt for a bridal set for a range of reasons-
- The rings look and match together well. After marriage, the rings are worn together on the same finger with the wedding ring under the engagement ring. The two rings don’t have to match each other, but if it is matching you want, bridal sets are perfect for you.
- They fit together. Two different rings can cause pinching between two different ones, while a bridal set matches and fits together.
- You can just buy one package and possibly save money!
At James Allen, their diamond and gemstone fine jewelry collection offers hand-crafted pieces of unforgettable luxury that are perfect for any occasion.
• Their mission is to offer consumers online the highest quality diamonds & largest selection at the best price.
• 150,000+ certified conflict-free diamonds, all photographed in 360° HD
• 24/7 Diamond Experts, with option for Real-Time Diamond Inspections
• Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping Worldwide
• Hassle-Free Returns with 100% Money Back Guarantee
Who Buys which Ring?
The engagement ring is typically bought and paid for by the groom. Proposals are taken on by the man alone often, but the bride can be involved in the process too! However traditionally, the groom will be the one paying for it whether the decision is made by themselves or together.
The wedding ring is shopped and picked by both the bride and groom together. The man traditionally pays for the wedding ring. But it can be bought by both, since after marriage their finances should merge anyways!
Below is a table of the best places to start your shopping!
|Where Is The Best Place To Buy An Engagement Ring?|
|Best Place To Buy Online||James Allen|
|Biggest Selection||Blue Nile|
|Best Diamond Cuts||Whiteflash|
How Much Should I Spend?
Diamonds and jewelry are super expensive. The average man spent around $6,000 dollars on an engagement ring, but don’t let that coerce you into buying a ring at that price! A ring is symbolic of love and has more emotional value than economic. Before shopping, its always good to check our your finances, so you don’t get put into a hole after purchasing your ring.
Purchasing a ring is a hefty investment. Make sure to look at our guide on “How Much Should You Spend on an Engagement Ring.“
At Whiteflash, they're all about the Ideal Cut Diamond carrying the largest inventory & best selection of AGS certified ideal diamonds in the world!
• Exclusive provider of their own A CUT ABOVE® Super Ideal Diamonds
• Finest designer brands such as Tacori, Verragio, Simon G, Ritani, Danhov, Vatche, and Benchmark
• Entire staff GIA trained including several Graduate Gemologists & Diamond Graduates
• Complete Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
The marriage process is a symbolic tradition that represents the eternal commitment to a person. Although this symbolism has been going on for centuries, it is still very complicated with the vast amount of different options that are available. The breakdown is easy! Engagement Rings go first, then the Wedding Ring. Both are usually paid for by the groom, but that doesn’t stop the bride from having a say in what is purchased! In the end, all that matters is that you and your significant other love each other and are going to spend the rest of your lives together! If you want to buy a 1 carat diamond, be sure to check out our “1 Carat Diamond Ring Buying Guide.” If you want to learn more about great diamond retailers, be sure to check out our James Allen Review and a list of Blue Nile’s Promotions!
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card offers 45,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in the first 3 months.
You'll earn 3X miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta.; 1X mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card does carry an annual fee of $550 (See Rates & Fees). However, there are no foreign transaction fees.