If you’ve ever received any communication via text message from Follett Higher Education group from October 9, 2011 to December 24, 2015 you may be entitled to a cash payment of $103.39 depending on how many people submit claims. According to the lawsuit, Follett Higher Education violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by sending out text messages to users without their consent. Follett Higher Education has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to a settlement. The TCPA states that companies cannot send messages or prerecorded items to consumers without their consent. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 01/20/17 to receive your potential award!
Table of Contents
Follett Higher Education Class Action Lawsuit:
- Follett Higher Education Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 01/20/2017
- Who’s Eligible: Class members are eligible if you received any text messages or pre recorded calls from October 9, 2011 to December 24, 2015
- Estimated Amount: $103.39 if one percent of Class Members submit valid claims, $20.68 if five percent of Class Members submit valid claims, $10.34 if 10 percent of Class Members submit valid claims
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Lijana Shestopal v. Follett Higher Education Group Inc., Case No. 15-cv-8980 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Follett Higher Education Claim Form
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 01/20/17 to receive your potential award!
For residents who have ever been contacted by Follett Higher Education from October 9, 2011 to December 24, 2015, you may be eligible for a cash payment of up to $103.39 depending on many people file a claim. The settlement against Follett Higher Education states that they violated the TCPA act by sending out unwanted text messages and/or pre recorded messages onto cell phones without consent. Follett Higher Education had denied any wrongdoing but agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 01/20/2017 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $250 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $95 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)