If you purchased freight forwarding services from companies in the United States (or outside the United States but for shipments within, to, or from the United States) between 1/1/2001 and 9/14/2012, you may be entitled to a cash reward from the Freight Forwarding Class Action Lawsuit. This settlement resolves a lawsuit alleging freight forwarding companies around the world illegally conspired to fix the prices for their services. Apparently, the companies were working together to fix various charges and surcharges associated with providing freight forwarding services. The routes affected allegedly include those between the United States and China, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom. Although the defendants deny any wrongdoing, they have decided to settle the issue outside of court with a settlement worth more than $197 million, has been presented to the court for approval.
|U.S. Bank Business Checking: Earn up to an $800 bonus when you open a new, eligible U.S. Bank business checking account online with promo code Q3AFL23 and complete qualifying activities1, subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through January 8, 2024. Member FDIC.
Apply Now---U.S. Bank Business Checking Review
|Chase Business Complete Checking®: Earn $300 when you open a new Chase Business Complete Checking® account. For new Chase business checking customers with qualifying activities. Chase offers financial products and services that let you bank when and how you want. Get Coupon---Chase Business Checking Review|
|Bank of America Business Advantage Checking Bonus Offer
Open a new Bank of America Business Advantage checking account and complete the eligible requirements to earn a $200 cash bonus offer. See offer page for more details.
Additional terms and conditions apply. See offer page for more details.
Learn More---Bank of America Business Checking Review
|Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking: Earn $1,000 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $20,000 within 30 days of account opening. The $1,000 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met. This account is for larger businesses with high monthly transaction volume. Apply Now---Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking Review|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking: Earn $400 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $400 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met. This account is for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs. Apply Now---Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Review|
|Huntington Business Checking 100: Earn $100 bonus when you open a Huntington Business 100 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $2,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $100 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met. This account is ideal for start-ups and small businesses with lower balances and checking activity. Apply Now---Huntington Business Checking 100 Review|
Here is a list of all of the defendants. If you have purchsed freight forwarding services from any of the defendants, their subsidiaries or affiliates, you may be a class member.
- ABX Logistics Worldwide NV/SA;
- EGL, Inc. and EGL Eagle Global Logistics, LP (“EGL”);
- Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. (“Expeditors”);
- Kuehne + Nagel International AG and Kuehne + Nagel, Inc. (“Kuehne + Nagel”);
- Nishi-Nippon Railroad Co., Ltd. (“Nishi-Nippon”);
- Schenker, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, including Deutsche Bahn AG, Schenker AG, and Bax Global, Inc. (“Schenker”);
- Morrison Express Logistics Pte. (Singapore) and Morrison Express Corporation (U.S.A.) (“Morrison Express”);
- United Aircargo Consolidators, Inc.;
- UTi Worldwide, Inc.;
- Vantec Corporation and Vantec World Transport (USA), Inc. (“Vantec”);
- Toll Global Forwarding (USA), Inc., Baltrans Logistics, Inc., and Toll Holdings Ltd. (“Toll”);
- Panalpina World Transport (Holding) LTD and Panalpina, Inc. (“Panalpina”);
- Geodis S.A. and Geodis Wilson USA, INC. (“Geodis”);
- DSV A/S, DSV Solutions Holdings A/S, and DSV Air & Sea Ltd. f/n/a DFDS Transport (HK) Ltd. (“DSV”);
- Jet-Speed Logistics, Ltd, Jet-Speed Air Cargo Forwarders (USA) Inc., and Jet-Speed Logistics (USA), LLC (“Jet-Speed”); and
- SDV Logistique Internationale.
- Agility Holdings, Inc.; Agility Logistics Corp.; Geologistics Corp.; and Geologistics International Management (Bermuda) Limited (together, “Agility”);
- Dachser GmbH & Co., KG, doing business as Dachser Intelligent Logistics; and Dachser Transport of America, Inc. (together, “Dachser”);
- Deutsche Post AG; Danzas Corporation (doing business as DHL Global Forwarding); DHL Express (USA) Inc.; DHL Global Forwarding Japan K.K.; DHL Japan Inc.; Exel Global Logistics, Inc.; and Air Express International USA, Inc. (together, “DHL”)for the severed Japanese claims only;1
- DSV A/S; DSV Solutions Holding A/S; and DSV Air & Sea Ltd. formerly known as DFDS Transport (HK) Ltd. (together, “DSV”);
- The “Japanese Defendants” included in one Settlement:
- Hankyu Hanshin Express Holding Corporation formerly known as Hankyu Express International Co., Ltd. and its subsidiary, Hankyu Hanshin Express Co., Ltd., and its U.S. subsidiary, Hanshin Air Cargo USA, Inc. (together, “Hankyu Hanshin”);
- Japan Aircargo Forwarders Association (“JAFA”);
- Kintetsu World Express, Inc. and its U.S. subsidiary, Kintetsu World Express (U.S.A.), Inc. (together, “Kintetsu”);
- “K” Line Logistics, Ltd., and its U.S. subsidiary “K” Line Logistics (U.S.A.), Inc. (together, ““K” Line”);
- MOL Logistics (Japan) Co., Ltd., and its U.S. subsidiary, MOL Logistics (USA) Inc. (together, “MOL Logistics”);
- Nippon Express Co., Ltd. and its U.S. subsidiary, Nippon Express USA, Inc. (together, “Nippon Express”);
- Nissin Corporation and its U.S. subsidiary, Nissin International Transport U.S.A., Inc. (together, “Nissin”);
- Yamato Global Logistics Japan Co., Ltd., and its U.S. affiliate, Yamato Transport U.S.A. Inc. (together, “Yamato”);
- Yusen Air & Sea Service Co., Ltd. and its U.S. subsidiary, Yusen Air & Sea Service (U.S.A.), Inc. (together, “Yusen”);
- Jet Speed Logistics, Ltd., also known as Jet Speed Air Cargo Forwarders (HK), Ltd.; Jet Speed Logistics (USA), LLC; and Jet-Speed Air Cargo Forwarders, Inc. (USA) (together, “Jet Speed”);
- United Parcel Service, Inc. and UPS Supply Chain Solutions, Inc. (together, “UPS”).
Freight Forwarding Class Action Lawsuit:
- Freight Forwarding Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 3/31/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who has purchased freight forwarding services from companies in the United States (or outside the United States but for shipments within, to, or from the United States) between 1/1/2001 and 9/14/2012.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Precision Associates Inc. v. Panalpina World Transport, Case No. 08-cv-00042, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Customers of the listed freight forwarding companies can get a cash award from the Freight Forwarding Class Action Lawsuit. If you think you have been affected by these charges, just fill out the claim form and wait for your settlement. The claim form does not seem to require proof of purchase but you should probably keep track of any documents that may support your claim. Find out if you qualify for more Class Action Lawsuit Settlements.
The Ink Business Cash® Credit Card offers $900 bonus cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year, 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year, & 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
This card comes with no annual fee. You'll be able to take advantage of employee cards at no additional cost.