Individuals whose background check reports from General Information Solutions Inc show non-criminal violations more than 7 years old may be eligible for a potential award from the General Information Solutions Background Check Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, General Information Solutions Inc. had allegedly been violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act by placing non-criminal ordinance violations that are more than 7 years old on the background checks. General Information Solutions denies the claims and maintains that it has properly complied to the FCRA at all times, but has agreed to the settle the class action lawsuit, while there isn’t a claim form you can check the frequently asked questions link to find out if you are eligible for the potential award that will be automatically sent!
GIS Background Check CAL:
- General Information Solutions Background Check Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: None Listed
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone in the United States or District of Columbia, where between Jan. 19, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2016 had a background check from General Information Solutions where adverse events other than criminal convictions that are more than seven years old were on the report.
- Estimated Amount: Approximately $148
- Proof of Purchase: None Listed
- Case Name & Number: Tyus v. General Information Solutions LLC, Case No. 2017CP3201389, in the Court of Common Pleas for Lexington County, State of South Carolina
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the General Information Solutions Background Check Claim Form.
- Read over the frequently asked questions link to see if you are eligible.
- Wait for cash payments sent automatically to receive your potential award!
Received a background check from General Information Solutions that reported a non-criminal violation that was more than 7 years ago? Then you may be eligible for a potential award from the General Information Solutions Background Check Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, plaintiffs claim that General Information Solutions has been violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act by including old non-criminal violations that are more than 7 years ago. If you are one of the affected, check out the frequently asked questions link to find out more about how to get a potential award sent automatically! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
|TTCU Federal Credit Union||OK||1.29%||$100k||---||6-Month Income CD||Review|
|EFCU Financial||LA||0.85%||$100k||---||6-Month Jumbo CD||Review|
|Advancial||OK, LA, TX, AK||0.79%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Texas Bridge Credit Union||TX||0.70%||$25k||---||6-Month Mini Jumbo CD||Review|
|Community First Credit Union||WI||0.55%||$2.5k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|TEXAR Federal Credit Union||AR, TX||0.55%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|MapleMark Bank||Nationwide||0.45%||$25k||---||6-Month CD||Review|