JetBlue Airways is an airline company that is dedicated to making every part of your flight experience as simple and as pleasant as possible. They are known for its affordable fares and frequent flights to beach destinations.
If you often fly with JetBlue, you should consider checking out their rewards program, TrueBlue. You can earn points and get rewards, as well as enjoy more award travel and perks and a more personalized JetBlue experience.
See below to learn more about JetBlue TrueBlue Frequent Flyer Program.
JetBlue TrueBlue Summary
|Domestic Hubs||Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Long Beach, New York City, Orlando, Washington, D.C.|
|Personal Credit Cards||JetBlue Card
JetBlue Plus Card
|Business Credit Cards||JetBlue Business Card|
|Redemption Options||Award flights, seat upgrades, JetBlue Vacations, magazines & newspapers, points transfer|
|Average Mile Value||$0.013|
TrueBlue Elite Status
The highest level of TrueBlue membership is the TrueBlue Mosaic and it comes with more perks and more points to elevate your JetBlue experience even further. To earn the Mosaic status, there are two ways to qualify:
|Track 1||Earn 15,000 base flight points within a calendar year|
|Track 2||Fly 30 segments plus 12,000 base flight points within a calendar year.|
Base flight points are the 1-3 points per dollar spent that you earn on the base fare of JetBlue-operated flights. Please note that bonus points will not count as base points. In order to earn the 12,000 base points, you must spend $4,000 on airfare and $5,000 to earn 15,000 base points.
TrueBlue Mosaic Benefits
When qualified, you’ll instantly receive 15,000 bonus TrueBlue points, as well as 3X points per dollar on your JetBlue flights. In addition to the bonus points, you’ll also enjoy:
- No change/cancel fees for you and eligible travel companions
- First 2 checked bags are free
- Reduced searing upgrade rate
- Expedited line to the security checkpoint
- Get early access to boarding
- Enjoy complimentary alcoholic beverages onboard
- Customer Service Line Access available 24/7
Earning TrueBlue Points
You can earn TrueBlue points in a variety of ways, your rewards add up fast and the points you earn are yours to keep.
And if you’re a Mosaic or JetBlue cardmember (or both), you’ll earn bonus points to get you on your way even faster.
Outside of flying with the airline, you can also earn JetBlue TrueBlue points by opening a co-branded credit card. You can check out the following:
You can earn bonuses by purchasing flights with JetBlue, get rewarded for just flying with them! You can earn:
- 7,000 bonus points when you purchase and fly 7 roundtrip JetBlue flights in the calendar year.
- 10,000 bonus points when you purchase and fly 10 one-way JetBlue flights that are 1,600 miles or more in the calendar year.
JetBlue has a number of domestic and international airline partners. You can earn TrueBlue points when you fly with the following airline partners:
Furthermore, you can earn 6x points per dollar on flights and 1 point per dollar on accommodation and car rentals on JetBlue Vacations package.
When you rent a car through Avis or Budget, you can earn 100 TrueBlue points per day. Just keep in mind that you’ll also pay a $1 frequent flyer surcharge.
Additionally, you can also earn TrueBlue points with the following partners:
- IHG Rewards Club: Earn 2x JetBlue points per dollar spent on qualifying room rates at most IHG brands.
- Marriott Bonvoy: Earn 1x TrueBlue point per dollar spent on all qualifying charges at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Marriott and Marriott Vacation Club hotels.
You can earn 400 TrueBlue points when you take your first survey with Jet Opinions and 3x TrueBlue points when you shop with Amazon onboard JetBlue flights via Fly-Fi.
You can also purchase points for JetBlue, please note that most JetBlue buy-points bonuses are targeted with varying bonuses.
Redeeming TrueBlue Points
Each TrueBlue point to be worth $0.013, however the value of your points depends on how you use them. It’s good to know that the TrueBlue program is that its points never expire.
You can redeem for JetBlue flights for any seat on any flight with no blackout dates. While redemption levels vary, the amount of points a certain trip requires is directly tied to our current fares, and when flight fares are lower, so are award flight point fares.
There are other ways to redeem:
- Vacation packages: Pay for the air portion using TrueBlue Points.
- Hawaiian Airlines: TrueBlue members can earn TrueBlue points on all qualifying Hawaiian Airlines operated flights. Please note that the points you earn is based on the type of fare you purchases and the distance you fly.
- Cash + Points: Use a combination of cash and TrueBlue points—starting with as little as 500 points. Just select TrueBlue points when searching for your next flight on jetblue.com or the JetBlue app, then select your flights and use the slider at the bottom of the page to customize your payment combination.
TrueBlue Tips & Tricks
Any redemptions you choose will give at least $0.01 per TrueBlue points, so no matter how you spend your rewards, you’ll get a decent return.
Points Pooling is a unique way to earn and collect TrueBlue points with your family members or friends. You don’t have to be a Jet(Blue)setter to earn award flights. Points Pooling lets up to 7 friends and family members combine points to earn awards faster.
- Must contribute 100% of their points to contribute to the pool.
- Will still have access to redeem their individual balance while contributing to the pool.
- Can leave the pool with their remaining balance of unused points
If you’re planning on traveling anywhere anytime soon, make sure to browse through JetBlue’s flights and earn points with their loyalty program TrueBlue for each destination you choose! You can also find the latest JetBlue promotions here!