Lets keep this real..the main reason I got into blogging is to make money. It has been 5 months and I am still going strong with everyday update and so on. Is it time consuming? Yes. Am I making decent money from blogging? The answer is yes but more importantly, I enjoy writing about ways to make quick money every day. As you can see, there are a lot of ads on my blog…and yes it is a bitch, but hey, a brother gotta hustle.
The question is, how do you start a blog? Believe me, I know absolutely nothing about it when I first join the craze. But if you have the time and patience, it would be a nice little income on the side. Here are my steps into starting a blog:
- Buy a domain and find a host through dreamhost.com, use my promo code to get $50 off: HUSTLERDH50OFF
- Using dreamhost, you will get a domain, go through their in-click installer for wordpress program, and follow their step-by-step instructions.
- Once you activate your blog, pick a pre-install theme in presentation toolbox or find one here.
- Pick a topic you feel passionate about to write. I would imagine personal finance since you are here, but then again, there are many and many personal finance blogs out there.
- Go find wordpress plugins to make your blog more exciting.
- Learn Search Engine Optimization SEO which will get your blog more popular on searches through Google, then turn your permanlinks on that include your post name in your option toolbox. Also, register your site at webmaster tools.
- Start writing some good posts and visit other popular finance blogs to comments. You might consider being a comment whore to get more traffic to your blog.
- Now start thinking about monetizing: Check out my sidebar make money list to the right with Google adsense, Text-link-ads, Chitika, Linkshare, Linkworth, Amazon affiliates, Kontera, NCSreporting, and many more.
- Sign up for an account at feedburner.com to start your rss feed.
- Be a member at mylot.com and Slashmysearch.com to join their forum, then use your website as your signature at each post to get more people to visit your site. Also, Mylot and SlashMySearch are sites that will pay you money by participating in forum, hence make money while creating more traffic to your site.
- Continue to write and update daily on your blog, find popular topics to write about, and participate in carnivals and festivals on your subject matter.
- Consider blog for money by using ReviewMe, payperpost, and blogvertise.
- Ask other bloggers to add your link to their blogroll, and that you will return the favor.
- Visit problogger.net and Johnchow.com often for tips on making money online.