All current and former owners of 2005- 2007 Mercedes-Benz branded automobiles equipped with M272 or M273 engines bearing certain serial numbers may be eligible to receive cash benefits from the Mercedes Engine Defect Class Action Lawsuit. According to the settlement, certain Mercedes engines are allegedly equipped with defective gears that wear out prematurely, excessively, and without warning, causing the vehicle to malfunction, the ‘check engine light’ to remain illuminated, and the vehicle to misfire and/or stop driving. The settlement awards from this lawsuit will cover the cost of past or future repairs. The company denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to settle the matter outside of court.
|BMO Harris PremierTM Checking: Earn $350 cash bonus when you open a new PremierTM Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Premier Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking: Earn up to $600 bonus when you open a new U.S. Bank SmartlyTM checking account and complete qualifying activities. Subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through April 11, 2023. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB223 by 06/15/2023 along with a competitive interest rate of 3.60% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy up to $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Get more from a personalized relationship when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Learn More---Chase Private Client Review|
Mercedes Engine Class Action Lawsuit:
- Mercedes Engine Defect Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 9/25/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who purchased or leased Mercedes-Benz vehicles in the United States that are Model Years 2005-2007 equipped with M272 (V6) or M273 (V8) engines bearing serial numbers up to 2729..30 468993 or 2739 ..30 088611, respectively.
- Estimated Amount: There are two ways benefit from this class action settlement:1. Mercedes has agreed to cover qualified future repairs up to 10 years or 125,000 miles to the sprocket of the balance shaft gear in M272 engines or the idle gear in M273 engines.
2. If a Class Member has already paid to have the engine defects repaired, Mercedes will reimburse a percentage of those costs.
- Repars not done at an authorized Mercedes dealer will receive a reimbursement up to $4,000.
- If the repair took place before between 4 years or 50,000 miles and 8 years or 80,000 miles , Class Members will receive 70 percent of those costs.
- If the repair took place between 8 years or 80,000 miles and 10 years or 125,000 miles, 37.5 percent of the costs will be reimbursed.
- No reimbursement will be sent to Class Members who have vehicles that were repaired after the vehicle was 10 years old or had 125,000 miles on it.
- Repairs must have been done before May 13, 2015.
- Proof of Purchase: VIN
- Case Name & Number: Majeed Seifi, et al. v. Mercedes Benz USA LLC, Case No. 3:12-cv-05493, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Individuals that purchased 2005- 2007 Mercedes-Benz branded automobiles equipped with M272 or M273 engines may be able to make a claim and get compensation for repairs that have occurred in the past or will occur in the future. If you think you qualify for the Mercedes Engine Defect Class Action Lawsuit, just file a claim and provide them with your car’s VIN. Take a look at more Class Action Lawsuit Settlements from our updated list!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
2015 Mercedes Benz Engine Defect also. Engine piston rings oversized and break. Complete engine replacement or rebuild required. Hundreds of people have the same problem on line. Need class action for this year also
Deatric Jones says
I’m checking to see how the lawsuit want because I’m having trouble with my car now.
Johnathan Ruiz Sanchez says
I have a lot of info with this and my car would shut off while driving on the freeway multiple times. I replaced both batteries twice and three alternator in 2 years and the car misfired upon startup and blue a hole through the engine block catching fire when I started it up trying to move it out of the garage!
ROSEANNE MACMASTER says
When will we receive refund, i sent my bills in after i got the notifacation and before the dead line I HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING OTHER THAN IT WAS SETTLED,Looking for my REFUND THANKS