If you’re from Michigan and made a purchase or had a subscription to a Consumer Reports Publication between April 2010 and October 2016, then you you are eligible for a potential award from the Michigan Consumer Reports Magazine Personal Information Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the lawsuit that Consumer Reports shared the personal information — customer names, addresses, age, gender, presence of children, income, religion, ethnicity, and more — of subscribers to their publications. The lawsuit also claimed that Consumers Reports violated Michigan’s Preservation of Personal Privacy Act and unjustly enriched itself at the expense of consumers.
Consumer Reports have agreed to settle the class-action lawsuit in order to avoid the further risk and cost of ongoing litigation. So if you are eligible, file a claim by January 7, 2019 to receive your potential award!
Michigan Consumer Reports Magazine Lawsuit
- Michigan Consumer Reports Magazine Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: January 7, 2019
- Who’s Eligible: Michigan consumers who purchased a subscription between Apr. 1, 2010 and Oct. 31, 2016 to Consumer Reports Magazines including Consumer Reports, Consumer Reports Online, Consumer Reports on Health Newsletter, ShopSmart, and/or MoneyAdvisor.
- Estimated Amount: ~ $180
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Ruppel v. Consumers Union of United States Inc., Case No. 7:16-cv-02444-KMK-JCM, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
File a Claim
- Head over to the Michigan Consumer Reports Magazine Claim Form
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by January 7, 2019 to receive your potential award!
If you’re a Michigan resident who purchased or had a subscription to Consumer Reports between April 2010 and October 2016 then you are eligible for a potential award from the Michigan Consumer Reports Magazine Personal Information Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit the magazine shared personal information of subscribers to their publications! So if you are eligible, file a claim by January 7, 2019 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.