I wrote previously on the many cheap ways to get the Sprint EVO phone. As June 4th is coming closer, few more tricks have arise to get this phone as low as possible.
- RadioShack – $199 without Rebate and get a $20 credit toward your phone accessory when pre-order by 5/31. There’s also a $10 bonus toward the phone when you fill out the survey of your receipt at TellRadioShack.com. You can also get up to $50 credit for trading in your old phone. At RadioShack, you can pre-order up to 3 EVO phones.
- Best Buy – You can always get it at Best Buy for $199 with no rebate. If you talk to Best Buy first and tell them about the RadioShack promotion, they will match it with a $20 gift card.
- Sam’s Club – It has been confirmed you can get the EVO phone for $199.87 + $40 credit toward your bill. However, this is for new line of service only. If you are doing an upgrade with an existing line, then you must go through RadioShack or Best Buy. No membership is required to get the phone. Just tell the card checker you are visiting the phone kiosk. You can also ask them to waive the $36 activation fee.
- Credit Union Member – If you are a credit union member, might be worth checking cusaver.com since it’s possible to get the EVO phone for $160. However, you must do the $100 rebate. They will waive off activation fee automatically and save 15% off your bill.
- Sprint Account Services aka Retention – The best method is through Retention first. Dial *2, then 5, then 6. Some people claim to get the plan for $49.99 with the EVO $10 4G fee included. Again, big YMMV. I called yesterday to see if I could get this and the CSR didn’t know anything. However, he offered me the $10-24 months right away. Essentially saving me $240 for two years. You can then go through Best Buy or RadioShack later. Also, even if you get the activation fee for going through a 3rd party retailer, you can always call Retention to get it waived. You will have 30 days to get all the deals you want.