The wait is over! Guess what today is? It’s National Donut Day! Every first Friday of June is otherwise known as National Donut day – or as many people like to reference it – Free Donut Day! Where did this Holiday establish you ask? It was first celebrated during the Great Depression era as a way for the Salvation Army to raise funds to help those in need and commemorate the “Lassies” of WWI (those who served donuts to soldiers). So, do you like donuts? Of course you do, why else would you be here? Today, June 3, 2016, many shops are offering FREE donuts to customers in celebration of National Donut Day! Everything tastes better when it’s free, so take advantage of National Donut Day and make your way down to your nearest participating store and get a FREE donut! Do you like freebies like this, check out our birthday freebie list here!
National Donut Day:
- Availability: Nationwide (At partcipating stores)
- Bonus: FREE Donut
- Expiration Date: 6/3/2016
- Requirements: Find participating store. Purchase may or may not be required. Donations to certain locations encouraged.
- What To Do: See compiled list. Visit participating store(s)!
- Terms: Offer valid June 3, 2016. See compiled list! Purchase may or may not be required.
Free Donut on National Doughnut Day
Compiled below is a list of all participating stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts Free Donut Day – Dunkin’ Donuts treats guests to a free donut with the purchase of any beverage.
- LaMar’s Donuts Free Donut Day – LaMar’s Donuts offers a free gourmet donut with a hole. No purchase necessary!
- Krispy Kreme Free Doughnut Day – Krispy Kreme is offering a FREE donut of any variety no purchase necessary (available in the U.S., Canada and around the world, but excludes Connecticut). When you pick up your free Krispy Kreme doughnut, customers are encouraged to donate to The Salvation Army’s miniature Red Kettles stationed at the registers of participating Krispy Kreme locations. All donations will support the local communities where the donation was made.
- Shipley Do-Nuts Free Donut Day – Get 1 free glazed donut at participating Shipley Do-Nuts stores from 5 AM to 12 PM no purchase necessary.
- Cumberland Farms Free Donut Offer – Visit any of the newly remodeled Cumberland Farms stores to get a free donut with the purchase of a Farmhouse Blend coffee or Chill Zone frozen beverage from 5 AM to 10 AM. Use the Cumberland Farms Store Locator to locate a newly remodeled store. Stores are located in the following states: Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, Florida, and New York.
- Tim Hortons Free Donut Day Offer – Enjoy a 6-pack of donuts for $2.99 with this coupon. Offer valid at participating Tim Hortons Cafe and Bake Shop locations. Find your local Tim Hortons Restaurant Locator to get your free donut.
- Honey Dew Donuts – Honey Dew will give away a free (UP)BEAT CANCER CHOCOLATE FROSTED DONUT with the purchase any medium drink or larger. Honey Dew is the largest locally-owned donut and coffee franchise in New England.
- Entenmann’s National Donut Day Sweepstakes – Enter for the chance to win a year’s supply of free donuts from Entenmann’s.
- Randy’s Donuts: Customers get free donut holes at this famous Los Angeles donut shop from 6 am to 12 noon on National Donut Day.
- Duck Donuts: Go to the Facebook page of Duck Donuts—a chain with dozens of East Coast locations stretching from the Jersey Shore to North Carolina—for a coupon valid for a free sugar donut on National Donut Day.
- Giant Eagle: a supermarket chain, is offering one doughnut free with the purchase of a hot or cold fountain drink. Every Friday, including National Donut Day this Friday, Giant Eagle supermarket locations offer a half-dozen donuts for free when you purchase a half-dozen.
- Fractured Prune: Not all of this Ocean City, Maryland-based donut chain’s locations are participating in National Donut Day, but most shops in Arizona are giving away free donuts (with drink purchase), and locations such as Owings Mills in Maryland are offering free OC Sand donuts (glazed, covered in cinnamon sugar) with no purchase required.
Today is National Donut Day! It all started back in 1938 by The Salvation Army to honor the “Donut Lassies,” who served the treats to soldiers during World War I. The “Donut Lassies are often credited with popularizing the donut in the United States when the troops returned home from war. Participating stores such as Krisp Kreme encourages customers to donate to The Salvation Army’s miniature Red Kettles stationed at the registers of participating Krispy Kreme locations. All donations will support the local communities where the donation was made. Happy National Donut everyone! For more freebies like this on your birthday, visit or birthday freebie list here!
The IHG® Rewards Traveler Credit Card offers 120,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
You'll earn up to 17X points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel, 3X points per $1 spent on purchases at monthly bills, gas stations, and restaurants. 2X point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
This card has no annual fee or foreign transaction fees.
Leave a Reply