If you currently hold an account with Nationwide Bank, they have announced plans to transition away from retail banking business. They announced that they will transfer retail deposits and loans to another unnamed financial institution. In their letter they stated: “In this highly competitive environment where financial institutions mus keep pace with new capabilities to deliver expected experiences, our parent company, Nationwide will be focusing resources more heavily on the property casually, financial services, and other emerging businesses. Nationwide Bank will transition away from operating as a full-service, federally chartered retail bank and instead focus bank-related efforts on it’s trust operations that serve Nationwide’s retirement pan business.” They also want to make sure that you, the customer, are informed and updated about every action and decision taken place and made with the company.
Thanks to our reader Scott for letting us know about this news!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get up to $600 when you open a Premier checking account. You'll enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $600, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $100 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review|
What Bank Customers Need to Know:
As stated above, Nationwide Bank is moving away from retail banking. They want their current retail customers to be sure that they know that:
- Nationwide Bank is transitioning away from full-service retail banking.
- There is no immediate change to banking relationships—current deposits and loans remain in place, safe and accessible.
- It will take several months to evaluate options that best serve their current retail bank customers.
- Their goal is to transfer retail deposits to another institution that will best serve their current customers as well as find the best solution for transferring loans.
- Nationwide Bank is safe, sound and well capitalized, and backed by the strength and stability of Nationwide.
- They are committed to keep current retail bank customers informed as decisions are made. If you have any questions, please call them at: 1-877-I BANK NW (1-877-422-6569) 8am-8pm ET Weekdays.
In conclusion, Nationwide Bank is currently in the process of transitioning away from retail banking services, but do not worry! Although change is different, and if you’ve been with their retail banking business for a while, maybe a little scary, but know that Nationwide Bank is doing everything they can for you to make this transition as smooth as possible. If you are looking for more options, then browse more offers from the fully updated HMB list of Bank Bonuses!
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees). Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline. You'll also get $120 Uber Cash: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.