Table of Contents
$200 Cash Bonus + 1.5% Cash Back + 5% Redemption Bonus
The Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® offers a welcome bonus and an unconventional yet respectable cash back rewards program that rewards when you use your card and rewards again when you redeem. Cash rewards can be redeemed for a statement credit, gift cards, or as a deposit into your bank account and do not expire as long as your account is open, active, and in good standing.
- $200 Cash Welcome Bonus – Earn $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening. It’s an accessible welcome offer for new card members.
- 1.5% Cash Back Rewards – Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase. There are no rotating categories, and enrollment is never needed. It’s a transparent flat rate that doesn’t require extra work or effort to maximize on rewards.
- 5% Redemption Bonus – Get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem. That’s a total of 1.575% cash back when calculating the 1.5% cash back and additional 5% redemption bonus.
No Annual Fee & 0% Intro APR
The Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® has excellent built-in benefits and features that backs up it’s sound rewards program. Stand-out features include no annual fee and 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases.
- No Annual Fee – With no annual fee, all that comes with the Barclaycard CashForward will not cost you anything if monthly payments are made in full. Paying in full is highly encouraged as you are guaranteed the maximum cash back rate, are exempt from paying interest or fees, and will protect your overall credit health.
- 0% Intro APR – For the first 15 months, get 0% introductory APR on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. You can also save money and get out of debt by transferring high interest balances. There is a 3% balance transfer fee of each balance transfer(minimum $5).
- Free FICO Credit Score – Closely monitor your FICO credit score with free online access and automatic alerts when your score changes. It will allow you to maintain a healthy credit history or strive to improve your score.
- Purchase Benefits – Shop and make purchases with your card knowing that you’ll get assurance with purchase protection, return protection, and extended warranty. Also receive extra security with fraud protection and chip card technology.
The Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® presents a few notable limitations that keeps it from being one of the top cash back rewards. It has a minimum redemption amount of $50. In order to receive cash back rewards, you must spend approximately $3,350 which may take some time depending on your expenses and how often you use your card. Duly, to receive the 5% redemption bonus that is to be added to your next redemption, you would have to spend another $3,350 which will take even more time or some months. Another disadvantage of the Barclaycard CashForward is its 3% foreign transaction fees which makes it unsuitable for traveling outside the U.S. Avoid extra fess that will negate any rewards by using another card. This card is still worth considering if you almost never travel outside the U.S. and are in no rush to redeem your cash back rewards.
An All-Inclusive Cash Back Card
Overall, the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® is an all-inclusive cash back card with an A- grade across the board on bonus, rewards, and benefits. It offers a $200 welcome bonus, 1.5% cash back rewards on all purchases, a 5% redemption bonus, 0% introductory APR on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening, 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases, no annual fee, and even more extensive benefits. It’s a simple card with plenty of opportunities for cash back rewards. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.
ADVERTISER DISCLOSURE: The offers that appear are from companies from which HustlerMoneyBlog receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants’ credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. HustlerMoneyBlog does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
EDITORIAL DISCLOSURE: The editorial content on this site is not provided by the companies whose products are featured. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser.