Table of Contents
While Citi is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the content is not provided by Citi; and that the opinions and beliefs in the article have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by Citi. Learn more on our Advertising Policy.
The Expedia+ Card from Citi will meet your needs if you prefer always getting the best travel fares from Expedia.com and want the chance to earn rewards for more travel every time you book. It also offers a gratifying bonus and benefits that reinforces the reward program. With no annual fee Expedia+ Card from Citi, you’ll keep looking forward to booking your next trip.
15,000 Expedia+ Bonus Points
The Expedia+ Card from Citi offers 15,000 Expedia+ bonus points after spending $1,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening. It can be redeemed for as much as $200 in Expedia+VIP hotels. In addition to a bonus, the Expedia+ Card from Citi has opportunities to earn reward points with every Expedia.com booking or from other purchases, getting you to your next destination sooner.
How to Earn More Points
Earning Expedia+ reward points for future travel is simple and easy, however the same purchases can earn you even more points just by making a few extra steps.
- Sign up to become an Expedia Reward Member to earn base points:
- 2 points for every $1 spent on hotels, hotel packages, cars, cruises and activities
- 1 point for every $1 spent on flight and car packages
- 1 point for every $5 spent on flights
- Sign up for the Expedia+ Card from Citi to earn bonus points:
- 3 points for every 1 spent on eligible Expedia purchases including flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars, travel packages and activities
- 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- 10% additional of base points from immediate +silver status plus
- 250 additional points when booking +VIP Access hotels
- Download and use the Expedia Mobile App to book travel and earn points. This offer may be for a limited time, therefore don’t miss out on earning the most you can especially when it’s this easy.
- 6 points for every $1 spent on hotels, car rentals, and activities
- 3 points for every $5 spent on flights
To illustrate how many Expedia+ points can be earned, a 5 night stay at a +VIP Access hotel totaling $500 booked using the Expedia Mobile app and your Expedia+ Card from Citi will earn you a total of 5,050 Expedia+ points. It’s broken down as follows:
+ 3,000 base points = $500 x 6 points from booking with Expedia Mobile App
+ 1,500 bonus points = $500 x 3 points from using Expedia+ Card from Citi
+ 300 bonus points = 3,000(base points) x 10% from +silver status
+ 250 bonus points = for +VIP Access hotel stays with +silver status
Total = 5,050 Expedia+ Points
Redeem for Hotel and Flights
After signing up for the Expedia+ Card from Citi and satisfying the $1,000 spending requirement within 3 months of account opening, you’ve earned the 15,000 Expedia+ bonus points and can begin to redeem for rewards. You can also save your points for later since there are no limits on the amount of points you can earn and they wont’ expire as long as points are earned or redeemed every 18 months. Redemption options are limited mainly to hotels and flights which is hopefully exactly what is wanted in rewards.
- +VIP Access Hotels – With increments of 3,500 points needed for a $50 coupon, the sign up bonus of 15,000 Expedia+ points, for example, will get you four $50 coupons or $200 worth of +VIP Access hotels. At 1.4 cents per point, redeeming for +VIP Access hotels will give you the most value.
- Expedia Rate Hotels – Redeeming for Expedia rate hotels is half the redemption value of +VIP Access hotels since 3,500 point increments will only yield a $25 coupon which comes out to 7 cents per point. The same example of 15,000 Expedia+ points can be redeemed for four $25 coupons or $100 worth of Expedia rate hotels.
- Flights – Redeeming Expedia+ points for flights has the lowest value at 6 cent per point. 15,000 Expedia+ bonus points will get you $90 worth of flights.
- Donations to St. Jude Children’s Hospital – Expedia+ points can also be donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to help children with cancer and finding cures.
Expedia+ Card from Citi Benefits
The Expedia+ Card from Citi also comes with benefits that optimizes earning power and Citi exclusive perks that makes travel and everyday events more accessible and fun.
- No Annual Fee – Not having an annual fee may be one of the best features of the Expedia+ Card from Citi. It allows you to earn bonus and rewards potentially for free if payments are made in full each month. It may be the perfect card for domestic travel, however go with another card when traveling internationally outside the US since there is a 3% foreign transaction fee on purchases.
- Automatic +Silver Status – The Expedia+ Card from Citi comes with automatic +silver status as long as your card is active and is also another fantastic benefit as detailed earlier. Beyond receiving an additional 10% points from base points and 250 bonus points when you book +VIP Access hotel stays, get special hotel amenities, priority customer care, and also dedicated local concierge service when you travel to hot spots like New York, Hawaii, Orlando, and Mexico.
- Accelerate to +Gold Status – For every $2,500 increment in purchases made between January and December billing statements, earn one elite qualifying hotel night towards Expedia+ gold status. Either 15 qualifying hotel nights or $10,000 worth of eligible Expedia bookings is the minimum requirement to attain +gold status. Attaining +gold status means 30% additional points from base points, complimentary room upgrades, early check-in and late check-out on top of +silver status benefits.
- Citi Exclusive Benefits – Enjoy benefits that are unique only to Citi cards including Citi Private Pass, Citi Price Rewind, Citi with Apple Pay, extended warranty, damage & theft purchase protection, travel accident insurance, car rental insurance, and lost baggage protection.
Get Rewarded and the Best Deals
Get the best deals on airfare, hotels, cruises, vacation packages, rental cars, and activities when booking with Expedia.com. With the Expedia Best Price Guarantee, you’ll get refunded the difference plus $50 if a cheaper flight, vacation package, rental car, cruise or activity is found within 24 hours of booking. Expedia ups the ante with hotels and extends the best price guarantee up to 24 hours before check-in time. Take it further and book with the Expedia+ Card from Citi for the opportunity to earn a bonus of 15,000 Expedia+ bonus points and heaps of rewards for future travel. With Expedia.com promising the lowest fares and the Expedia+ Card with Citi rewarding back with no annual fee, this pairing puts you in a sweet and winning situation where you won’t need to search anywhere else. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.
While Citi is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are those of the author alone, who makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information. Learn more on our Advertising Policy.