Table of Contents
While Citi is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are those of the author alone, who makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information. Learn more on our Advertising Policy.The Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi is for those who often book travel through Expedia or even other travel booking sites like Orbitz, Kayak, and Priceline and are open to switching over for the bonuses, credits, and rewards. Booking with Expedia will get you the best bargains in travel albeit with multiple carriers or brands as opposed to staying loyal to one brand and likely paying more. In fact, Expedia guarantees the lowest price or will refund the difference plus $50. Combine your Expedia bookings with the Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi and receive an even wider range of bonuses, credits, and rewards.
Sign On & Ongoing Bonus & Credits
The Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi offers sign on and ongoing bonus and credit opportunities. These bonus, credits, and no foreign transaction fees more than compensate for the $95 annual fee.
- Earn 25,000 Expedia+ rewards bonus points after $2,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening. Those 25,000 bonus points can be redeemed for $350 in coupons for +VIP Access hotels or $175 for Expedia rate hotels or also $150 for flights. +VIP Access hotels are Expedia premium hotels with excellent service and special benefits.
- Receive a $100 Annual Air Travel Fee Credit for airline incidentals such as checked bags, in-flight entertainment or refreshments and in-flight Wi-Fi on qualified airlines, Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fees.
- Earn an anniversary bonus of 5,000 Expedia+ bonus points each year after you spend $10,000 in the prior card membership year.
Earn Expedia+ rewards points with the Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi by booking vacation packages, hotels, flights, cars, cruises, and activities. Signing up for an Expedia+ rewards account is required in order to apply for the Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi. Earn the most points by being a rewards member and booking from your Expedia mobile app stacked on top of having automatic +gold status and then stacked on top of what you would earn from using your card.
- Expedia Reward Members – Earn up to 2 points for every $1 spent on hotels, hotel packages, cars, cruises and activities, 1 point for every $1 spent on flight and car packages, and 1 point for every $5 spent on flights. Booking flights on Expedia will not only earn you Expedia+ reward point but also frequent flyer miles with airline loyalty programs. This applies to various hotel loyalty programs but not all.
- Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi – Earn 4 points for every $1 spent on eligible Expedia purchases, 2 points for every $1 spent on dining at restaurants and entertainment, 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Expedia+ gold Status – Receive automatic Expedia+ gold status with your Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi and earn 30% additional points of total base points earned and an additional 250 points every time you book Expedia +VIP Access hotels. More Expedia+ gold status benefits include room upgrades on +VIP Access hotels, early and late check-ins, and exclusive amenities like complimentary breakfast and spa credits.
- Expedia Mobile App – Download and use the Expedia Mobile App to earn triple points. That’s 6 for every $1 spent on hotels, car rentals, and activities and 3 points for every $5 spent on flights.
Redeem for Travel
Expedia+ reward points earned with the Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi can be redeemed for more travel including hotels, flights and even charitable donations to St. Jude Children’s Hospital. If you prefer more options of cash back, gift cards, or merchandise, this card may not appeal to you. The value of reward points will vary by what you redeem for:
- +VIP Access Hotels – Get the most value at 1.4 cents per reward point. A minimum of 3,500 points is required for redemption and is worth a $50 coupon.
- Expedia Rate Hotels – Valued at 0.7 cents per point, the same example of 3,500 points is worth a $25 coupon.
- Flights – At 0.6 cents per point, 3,500 points is worth the least at $21 when redeeming for flights.
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital donations – Valued at .7 cents per point, 3,500 is worth a donation of $25.
Earn the Most Points & Redeem for More
The Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi will yield points every time it’s used, however, booking and redeeming +VIP Access hotels will earn the most points and the most value per point respectfully. Consider, for example, booking a +VIP Access hotel through the Expedia Mobile App with the Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi for $300. The total points earned would be 3,790 and is further detailed as follows:
- 1,800 base points earned from booking through Expedia Mobile App and for being a Expedia+ rewards member = $300(cost) x 6 points(triple points) for every $1 spent on hotels.
- 1,200 points earned for using Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi = $300 x 4 points for every $1 spent on hotels.
- 540 bonus points earned for having +gold status = 1,800 base points(see first bullet) x 30% additional bonus points.
- 250 bonus points earned for booking +VIP Access hotel with +gold status membership.
The 3,790 total points earned from booking +VIP Access hotels can then be redeemed for one of the following travel options: $50 +VIP Access hotel coupon, $25 Expedia rate hotel coupon or $22 towards flights(refer back to each option’s value per point). Keep this example and tips in mind to maximize on points earned when booking travel and on point value when redeeming for rewards. There’s no doubt that the big boost comes from gaining automatic +gold status with the Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi. However, it’s heavily focused on hotels and less so on flights and can imaginably be more appealing if it was the contrary.
More Earning Power
Finding the best bargains and deals on travel is the culture of Expedia and extends to its rewards program. The Expedia+ Voyager Credit Card from Citi takes it further with more earning power and opportunities for bonuses and credits. The Expedia+ rewards program is more complex than the usual but perhaps gratifying for those who like a bit of a challenge and some strategizing. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.
While Citi is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are those of the author alone, who makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information. Learn more on our Advertising Policy.