All individuals who were or could have been sued in any New York court by Mel S. Harris & Associates, LLC as counsel for LR Credit. Every Class Member whose alleged debt is or was owned by LR Credit is part of the Settlement Injunctive Class, no matter whether he or she ever made a payment to LR Credit every person sued in any New York court by Mel S. Harris & Associates, LLC, as counsel for LR Credit, and against whom a default judgment was obtained. All Class Members who are a part of the Money Settlement Class are also Members of the Injunctive Settlement Class. If you are a class member, then you are eligible to receive a minimum of $100 from the New York Debt Consolidation Agencies Class Action Lawsuit.
According to the lawsuit, defendants conspired in a fraudulent debt collection default judgement scheme in violation of state and federal laws. The three companies regularly engaged in “sewer service” where Samserv would fail to serve a summons and complaints seeking payments on debt that Mel S. Harris & Associates and Leucadia purchased, even though they still submitted proof of service to the court. Although the defendant denies any acts of wrongdoings, they have agreed to the settlement in order to avoid the further uncertainty and expenses associated with a long trial. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 4/17/2016 to receive your portion of the settlement.
New York Debt Consolidation Agencies Class Action Lawsuit:
- New York Debt Consolidation Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 4/17/16
- Who’s Eligible: Injunctive Settlement Class Members (includes all individuals who were or could have been sued in any New York court by Mel S. Harris & Associates, LLC), Money Settlement Class Members (includes every person sued in any New York court by Mel S. Harris & Associates, LLC, as counsel for LR Credit)
- Estimated Amount: Up to $100
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Monique Sykes, et al. v. Mel S. Harris and Associates LLC, et al.,
Case No. 1:09-cv-08486-DC
District Court for the Southern District of New York
How to File a Claim:
- Head over to the New York Debt Consolidation Agencies Claim Form.
- Read over the requirements, and make sure that you qualify.
- Mail in or complete the claim form online by 4/17/16.
If you are a class member of the New York Debt Consolidation Agencies, then you are eligible for a potential award from the class action lawsuit. To receive your award, head on over to the New York Debt Consolidation Agencies Claim Form, provide your information, and either mail it in or send it in electronically. File your claim by 4/17/16 to receive your award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).