Ambit Energy has been a long standing electricity provider for various parts of United States. If you happen to live in Pennsylvania and utilize Ambit Energy services then you may be eligible for a potential award from the Pennsylvania Ambit Energy Rate Class Action Lawsuit. The lawsuit states that Ambit Energy allegedly used bait-and-switch scheme which lured customers in with teaser rates only to raise at a later date. Ambit Energy denies the allegations but decided to settle the matter to mitigate ongoing litigation expenses. If you are an Ambit Energy customer who has enrolled in Ambit’s Select Variable Plan between January 1, 2011 through February 22, 2018 then you may be entitled to a cash payment. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form to receive your potential award by May 4, 2018!
Pennsylvania Ambit Energy Rate CAL:
- Pennsylvania Ambit Energy Rate Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 05/04/2018
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone in Pennsylvania who was enrolled as an Ambit customer and was on Ambit’s Select Variable Plan between January 1, 2011 & February 22, 2018.
- Potential Award: Varies
- 15% of all amounts paid to Ambit while on the Select Variable Plan for members with enrollment date between January 1, 2011 and January 12, 2014
- 2% of all amounts paid to Ambit while on the Select Variable Plan for members with enrollment date between January 13, 2014 and February 22, 2018
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Amy Silvis v. Ambit Northeast LLC, Case No. 2:14-cv-05005-ER, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Pennsylvania Ambit Energy Rate Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form by May 4, 2018!
According to the Pennsylvania Ambit Energy Rate Class Action Lawsuit, Ambit Energy allegedly used a bait-and-switch scheme to lure customers in with low rates which are raised at a later date violating terms of disclosure agreement. If you live in Pennsylvania and enrolled in Select Variable Plan for electricity between January 1, 2011 & February 22, 2018 then you may be eligible for a potential award. Class members should received a personalized notice in the mail or email with the claim number as well as confirmation code. If you qualify then submit a claim for by May 4, 2018. Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)