Shoppers that rely on or ordered from Safeway’s grocery delivery service should be aware that the service overcharges. If you were charged around 10% more than an item’s in-store price you are eligible for a potential award from the Safeway Grocery Delivery Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, plaintiffs claim that Safeway violated it’s own terms by overcharging it’s customers who use their grocery delivery service. Even though Safeway’s terms states that customers will pay the same price as if they were shopping in person. Safeway has agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the burden and expense of ongoing litigation. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form to receive your potential award by March 2, 2018!
Safeway Grocery Delivery CAL:
- Safeway Grocery Delivery Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 03/02/2018
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who registered to purchase groceries through Safeway.com any time before Nov. 15, 2011 and, between April 2010 and Dec. 21, 2014, made one or more purchases subject to the price markup implemented on or about April 12, 2010.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: None Listed
- Case Name & Number: Rodman v. Safeway Inc., Case No. 3:11-cv-03003-JST, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Safeway Grocery Delivery Claim Form.
- Read over and complete the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award by March 2, 2018!
Are you a shopper that frequently uses Safeway’s delivery service for groceries? Be quick and check out your recent receipts, Safeway may have charged you around 10% more than the item’s in-store price. You shouldn’t have to pay extra for a service that assures that you are paying the same price as if you were shopping in person. If catch the overcharge you may be eligible for a potential award from the Safeway Grocery Delivery Class Action Lawsuit. It isn’t right when a company goes against its word and sneakily tries to squeeze in some profit. So if you are eligible you should be able to receive a potential award by March 2, 2018! Make sure to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements for other potential ways to make some cash!
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $250 statement credit after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $95 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)