If you are a California resident who has worked for Student Transportation of America Inc., Santa Barbara Transportation Corp., A&B Bus Co., or Mission School Transportation Inc. as a non-exempt hourly employee between 2008 and 2015, you may be eligible for up to $700 cash from the California School Transportation Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, the defendants allegedly failed to pay all wages including minimum wages and overtime wages, failed to provide proper meal periods and rest breaks, failed to provide legally compliant itemized wage statements, failed to maintain accurate records required by state law, failed to pay all wages upon termination, failed to pay wages for split shifts, failed to pay reporting time wages, and failed to reimburse employees for job-related expenses. If you are a class member, you should receive notice of this lawsuit in the near future. You will be automatically included and mailed a settlement award (worth anywhere from $2.14 to $781.77, with an average payout of approximately $273.68) if the agreement is approved. The transportation companies deny any wrongdoing but have agreed to settle the case in order to avoid a trial.
|U.S. Bank Checking: Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new eligible U.S. Bank consumer checking account and complete qualifying activities, subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through April 25, 2022. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Promotions|
|Chase Secure BankingSM: Earn $100 bonus when you open a new Chase Secure BankingSM account online or enter your email address to get your coupon and bring it to a Chase branch to open an account. Then complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment. Apply Now---Chase Secure Banking Review|
|Discover Checking: Get rewarded with a new kind of online checking account. Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month, that's up to $360 each year! There are no monthly fees or balance requirements. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Cashback Debit Review
School Transportation Class Action Lawsuit:
- California School Transportation Claim Site
- Claim Form Deadline: N/A
- Who’s Eligible: All current and former non-exempt employees of Student Transportation of America Inc., Santa Barbara Transportation Corp., A&B Bus Co., or Mission School Transportation Inc. who were employed at any time between 6/28/2008 through 6/26/2015.
- Estimated Amount: Varies. Settlement awards paid to Class Members will be calculated based on “work weeks” worked during the Class Period. It is estimated that Class Members will be paid anywhere from $2.14 to $781.77, with an average payout of approximately $273.68.
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Alegria v. Student Transportation of America Inc., et al., Case No. RIC 12097992, Riverside Superior Court.
Any California school bus drivers that have worked for Student Transportation of America Inc., Santa Barbara Transportation Corp., A&B Bus Co., or Mission School Transportation Inc. between 2008 and 2015 may be eligible for up to $700 cash from California School Transportation Class Action Lawsuit. If you qualify for this class action lawsuit, you may have suffered from a number of transgressions, including inadequate wages, inadequate resting/eating periods, and many more! Eligible bus drivers should receive a notice of their settlement amount fairly soon. Check out more Class Action Lawsuit Settlements from the HMB table!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.