Those charged by Selene Finance LP for lender placed insurance may be eligible for a potential award from the Selene Finance Lender Placed Insurance Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Selene Finance had accepted impermissible kickbacks from mortgage lenders in exchange for imposing lender placed insurance policies on mortgage borrowers. These lender-placed insurance policies tend to cost a premium and are required by the mortgage borrowers to pay for. The defendants deny the allegations but have agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the burden and expense of ongoing litigation. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form to receive your potential award by February 14, 2018!
Selene Finance Lender Insurance CAL:
- Selene Finance Lender Placed Insurance Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 02/14/2018
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone in the United States who, from June 1, 2015 through July 19, 2017 were charged by Selene Finance under a lender placed hazard, flood, flood gap, or wind policy issued by or through Southwest Business Corp. and Great American E&S Insurance Co. covering residential property, and either paid the net premium for that policy to Selene Finance, or did not pay the premium and still owe it to Selene Finance.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Robin McNeil and Lillian Marshall v. Selene Finance LP, et al., Case No. 1:16-cv-22930-EGT, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Selene Finance Lender Placed Insurance Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award by February 14, 2018!
Did you have to pay a premium for lender placed insurance that was given by Selene Finance? If so, you may be eligible for a potential award from the Selene Finance Lender Placed Insurance Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, plaintiffs claim that Selene Finance LP used defendant Southwest Business Corp. to pay the premiums for lender placed insurance, then charged those premiums to the borrower. The plaintiffs claim that Selene Finance imposed policies with excessive amounts of coverage leading to mortgage borrowers paying more in premiums than they should have. If you find yourself imposed with a lender placed insurance policy by Selene Finance, you may be eligible for a potential award by February 14, 2018! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
• You’re eligible for up to a $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client CheckingSM account with qualifying activities.
• Speak with a Private Client Banker to open your Chase Private Client Checking account today. Schedule your meeting at your nearest branch or over the phone.
• Priority service for everyday banking and access to J.P. Morgan Wealth Management
• Earn $1,000 when you deposit $150,000 or earn $2,000 when you deposit $250,000 or earn $3,000 when you deposit $500,000
• No ATM fees worldwide.
• No Chase fee on incoming or outgoing wire transfers; can be completed online or over the phone.
• Experience a financial relationship that brings you more.
• Save time and money with better banking benefits and special services.
Leave a Reply