The magic number for a free cell phone with Sprint is 180 days. I found this out last weekend when talking to a Retention CSR. I dialed *2, said “Cancel”, and it took me to Retention:
- CSR: How can I help you?
- Me: I have a family plan with 5 phones. My phone is not working too well. I really like the Iphone from AT&T. I hear that you guys have a similar phone the Touch. What’s the best deal you can give me?
- CSR: Were you thinking of canceling your line today?
- Me: Well, maybe..unless I can get a good deal on a phone.
- CSR: Give me a second here…Okay sir, I can give you the Touch for $299 since you last renewed this number six months ago. That’s $200 credit to your phone because the retail price is $499.
- Me: That is still a little too expensive. You said I can get $200 credit to any phone?
- CSR: Yes.
- Me: Okay. I guess I’ll get the S1 by Sanyo. Since it’s $169, can I get this phone for free?
- CSR: Sure. Let me set it up for you.
- Me. Thanks.
I know I don’t want to pay any money for a phone. Hence, I want to get the best phone with the highest resell value on Ebay. Do the math: 5 lines with a new phone every six months = 10 free phones each year. So if each phone worth at least $100 on Ebay, I could make $1K. The $1K can offset the monthly phone bill for a year. This equates to a free family plan for life ! Another day, another hustle…Peace out.
- Receive 6% rebate on Utilities, Cable/Satellite TV, Internet Connection and Telecommunication for 6 months
- Receive 1% on all other purchases
- Rebate automatically applied to your mortgage principal
- NO CAP or limits on the amount of rebates you can accumulate in a year
- No annual fee