If you had to go through a background check that was performed by Strategic Screening Solutions or Liberty Screening Solutions between Nov. 26, 2012 and June 1, 2015 , you may be eligible for a $41 cash award from the Strategic Screening Background Check Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, these companies violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) by reporting inaccurate criminal record information to employers or potential employers and performing these checks without notifying the consumer/applicant. Both Strategic Screening and Liberty Screening deny the allegations but have agreed to settle the lawsuit in order to avoid the costs of further litigation. Eligible class members must file a claim by May 23rd, 2016 to be eligible for the award.
Strategic Screening Class Action Lawsuit:
- Strategic Screening Background Check Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 5/23/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who had to go to through a background check that was performed by Strategic Screening Solutions or Liberty Screening Solutions between Nov. 26, 2012 and June 1, 2015.
- Estimated Amount: If you received a 1681k notice, you will automatically receive a check for $41. Those of you who received a 1681c notice and want to receive more than $41 will need to submit a Claim Form before the deadline.
- Proof of Purchase: N/A. You should have received a notice if you were a class member.
- Case Name & Number: James Ryals Jr. v. Strategic Screening Solutions Inc. and Liberty Screening Solutions Ltd., Civil Action No. 3:14-cv-00643-REP, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
How to File a Claim:
- If you received a Notice of Class Action Settlement that stated “1681C Settlement Class Notice” at the bottom of page 1, you are eligible to file a Strategic Screening Background Check Claim Form.
- If you did not receive this Notice and want to inquire about your eligibility to file a claim for this matter, you may contact the toll-free hotline at (844) 303-0550 or email the case team at ScreeningSettlement@AmericanLegal.com.
- Your form must be postmarked on or before 5/23/2016 to be eligible.
You may be a class member of the Strategic Screening Background Check Class Action Lawsuit if you had to go to through a background check that was performed by Strategic Screening Solutions or Liberty Screening Solutions between Nov. 26, 2012 and June 1, 2015. If so, you are eligible for a $41 cash award. Apparently, the two background check companies reported inaccurate criminal record information without notification. Although the companies deny any wrongdoing, they have agreed to settle the lawsuit with a one-time cash award for valid claims. So if you think you’re an eligible class member, file a claim by 5/23/2016 to receive your award. Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The British Airways Visa Signature® Card offers 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
• 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL.
• 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel.
• 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
This card comes with a $95 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. You'll be able to get 10% off British Airways flights starting in the US when you book through the website provided in your welcome materials. In addition, every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you'll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
Morgan Monroe says
Hi,this is Morgan Monroe and I just found a check from you guys in a pile of old mail I was going through, the check is for $43.40 but it has a a check void after 5/8/2017 so I was wondering if you guys can issue me out another one, I really would appreciate it.
Amanda Cleland says
I received a settlement check but it got water damage and ripped so now I cannot cash it and I need it cancelled so I can get a replacement check. Thank you.